Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the Next Mortgage Crisis Is Inevitable
- The Budget Deficit Is Collapsing
- Hedge Fund Superstar Says Stocks Are Headed Higher, "Case Closed"
- This Ominous Figure Illustrates Investors' Lack of Faith in the Market
- Bank of America Stock Has Rallied and Could Head Higher
- 1 Ominous Sign of a New Housing Bubble