Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Goldman Sachs' Stock?
- 3 Reasons Home Depot's Stock Could Rise
- Fannie And Freddie Made $5.1 Billion In Profit, And Shareholders Want A Piece Of It
- Bankruptcy Can Save Your Home From Foreclosure
- $109,935 Guarantees Marital Bliss
- Why Two Harbors Investment Corp Isn't Scared of Higher Interest Rates