Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Highest Dividend Stocks: The Risks and Rewards
- These 3 Stocks Could Kill Your Portfolio
- Are Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Headed for a New $157 Billion Bailout?
- 4 Legitimate Ways House Hunters Can Quickly Boost Their Credit Scores
- Best Stocks for Investing in the Housing Recovery
- Run, Don't Walk, From These Sketchy Dividend Stocks