Federal National Mortgage Association
The Federal National Mortgage Association FNM, or more familiarly, "Fannie Mae", is a government-sponsored private corporation authorized to purchase and sell mortgages, which increases the affordability and availability of mortgages. Also charged by the federal government with facilitating the orderly operation of a secondary market for home mortgages.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: The Hedge Funds Weigh In
- Should You Invest With Bill Ackman?
- 5 Things Annaly Capital Management Inc. Wants You to Know
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Just Made Another $1.5 Billion -- But Shareholders Won?t See a Dime
- Stop! Read This Before Refinancing
- 25 Major Factors That Caused or Contributed to the Financial Crisis