Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Genworth Financial Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Tips on How to Find the Best High Yield Mortgage REIT Stocks
- Why the Housing Market Hasn't Recovered From the Financial Crisis
- Are FHA Loans Only for First-Time Homebuyers?
- Is It Time to Buy Goldman Sachs' Stock?
- 2014: The Year Bad Mortgages Became Good Investments