Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Struggling Homeowners Are Getting an Early Christmas Gift from Lenders
- 5 Reasons Your Mortgage Application Might Be Rejected
- 3 High-Yield Dividend Stocks to Buy in December
- Cash-Out Refinance Mortgage: Good Way to Finance a Remodel?
- 3 Trends That Could Threaten Home Depot's Record Run