Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Have Now Paid Taxpayers $239 Billion, but What About Their Investors?
- 3 High-Risk Financial Stocks to Avoid
- 2 Things You Must Know Before Investing in Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Shareholders Just Got Some Good News
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?