Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation
The Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: FRE), or more familiarly, "Freddie Mac", is a publicly traded corporation that provides funds for mortgages, and buys mortgages from banks and re-packages them as mortgage-backed investments.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 9 Statistics Every Expert Homebuyer Should Follow
- Does Bank of America Still Owe Taxpayers Billions of Dollars?
- Mortgage Rates Decline; 30-Year Rate Averages 4.27%
- Is Bank of America About to Announce Another Multibillion-Dollar Settlement?
- How These 2 Monster Dividend Stocks Work
- What Does the Crisis In Ukraine Have to Do With Mortgage Rates in America?