Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Maybe Newmont Mining Was Right After All
- This Strategy Is Boosting My Yield on PotashCorp by 50%
- Why Microsoft?s Free Games for Xbox Live Gold Could Hurt Xbox One Sales
- This Gift From Google Makes Chromecast (Almost) Free
- 2 Assets Disney Can't Live Without!
- It?s Official: Real Estate Agents Are in It for the Money