Expiration refers to the date on which a contract terminates.
Several investment products have expiration dates. The most common ones are stock options. An option grants the right to buy or sell a stock or other asset as a specified price on a specified date. That right can have a market value and some are actively traded on markets like the Chicago Board Option Exchange (CBOE). When the option expires, it is void, and has no further market value.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Gilead Sciences, Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Best Stocks to Invest in Pharma
- Why Republic Airways Holdings Inc. Stock Flew 10% Higher
- 5 Things US Silica's Management Wants You to Know
- Yum! Brands, Philip Morris and Royal Caribbean Raised Their Dividends: What You Need to Know
- Adobe's Earnings: Cloud Aspirations Continue to Gain Steam