Expedia (Nasdaq: EXPE) is an online travel company. It is headquartered in Bellevue, Wash. and was founded in 1995.
It was originally a part of Microsoft and first went public in 1999. It was purchased by USA Networks (now IAC/InterActiveCorp) in 2002 (controlling interest) and 2003 (remainder). It was separated into a separate company again in 2005.
Website brands include Expedia.com, Hotels.com, and Hotwire.com.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dow Dips on Stimulus Doubts as Expedia, ExxonMobil Rise
- A Few Irrational Moves on Wall Street Today
- Dow Slides Again as Avon and Expedia Move in Opposite Directions
- Why Alcatel-Lucent, Expedia, and PriceSmart Soared on a Dour Day for the Dow
- Media General, Expedia Rally on Strong Results While Dow Slips