Expedia (Nasdaq: EXPE) is an online travel company. It is headquartered in Bellevue, Wash. and was founded in 1995.
It was originally a part of Microsoft and first went public in 1999. It was purchased by USA Networks (now IAC/InterActiveCorp) in 2002 (controlling interest) and 2003 (remainder). It was separated into a separate company again in 2005.
Website brands include Expedia.com, Hotels.com, and Hotwire.com.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Expedia Inc. Destined for Greatness?
- Why Generac Holding, Goodyear Tire & Rubber, and Ctrip.com International Jumped Today
- TripAdvisor, Manchester U, and Fossil Headline Dow's Negative Day
- Why Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, Changyou.com, and Orbitz Worldwide Tumbled Today
- Why Nokia, Expedia, and Activision Blizzard Soared Today