Executive compensation refers to the total rewards package that senior managers receive from their company. Compensation can include a cash salary, stock options, restricted stock grants, use of company jets, memberships in country clubs, chauffer driven limosine, and other perks and benefits.
There has been a lot of debate in recent years as to whether or not executive compensation has become excessive, particularly in light of the high profile cases of Dick Grasso at the NYSE, Bob Nardelli at Home Depot, and Stan O'Neal at Merrill Lynch.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Bids for Faster Growth
- 1 Number That Should Make Twitter Inc. Investors Furious
- Apple Inc.'s Top Designer Speaks: What You Need to Know
- 10 Shocking Facts About Apple 10 Years Ago
- Alaska Air Group, Inc: The 1 Metric That Really Matters
- Will GM Give Into This $8 Billion Hedge Fund Cash Grab?