An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2015 Tax Law Changes You Need to Know About
- Should You Take the Pension Buyout?
- When it Comes to Life Insurance, This is the Company Consumers Trust Most
- Think Comcast Is the Only Cable Company Insulting Customers? Think Again
- What Is the Maximum Social Security Tax for 2015?
- 3 Things Apple Inc's Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Wants You To Know