An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Build an Old-Age Pension for Guaranteed Income in Retirement
- Making All the Right Moves, Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (ADR) Still Gets Punished
- 3 Reasons Workday Inc.'s Stock Could Fall
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. Is on the Move Again in Seattle
- It's Time to Buy CalAmp Corp Stock. Here's Why.
- The Standard vs. Itemized Deduction: Plan Ahead to Lower Your Taxes