An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Easy Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Retirement
- Does the Cross-Selling Lawsuit Shake Our Faith in Wells Fargo & Co.?
- The Dark Side of Cross-Selling for Wells Fargo & Co.
- 10 Great Charitable Deductions For The 2015 Holiday Season
- Hide Your Wallet! This is How Much the Average American Pays in Taxes
- The Well-Placed Aggression of Starbucks Corporation