An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Corporation's Surface Pro 4 vs Apple Inc.'s iPad Air 3: What Investors Should Expect
- 3 Best Stocks in Specialty Retail
- 3 Reasons Salesforce.com, Inc Stock Could Fall
- 5 Things Anadarko Petroleum Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- What Is Gross Pay, and How Is It Different From Your Salary or Net Pay?
- How Costco Wholesale Aims to Keep Climbing