An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Economies of Kale 2: Don?t Forget About Costco and Kroger
- Before You Quit Your Job, Know the Rules for Rolling Over Retirement Savings
- SIMPLE IRA Rules: What You Need to Know
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About eBay
- How Could This Controversial Extension Affect Obamacare, You, and Your Portfolio?
- The Ram Truck Is on Pace to Shake Up the Industry Rankings