An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways "Work Martyr" Culture Hurts Everyone, and 3 Ways Companies Are Changing It
- Can Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Get Rich by Giving it Away?
- The SIMPLE IRA Rules You Need to Know
- Backed by Google Ventures, the First Robot Hotel Butler Just Reported for Duty
- Don't Panic Over RetailMeNot's Second-Quarter Results
- Should Microsoft Sell Xbox Entertainment Studios?