An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Container Store Stock Down 50%: Buying Opportunity or Time to Run?
- How You Can Profit Alongside Apple Inc.
- Richard Branson's Unlimited Vacation Policy Is Downright Foolish
- Stocks to Buy: Kids Edition
- Comcast Customer Service Takes a Step in the Right Direction
- Are Americans Really About to Say Goodbye to This Detroit Automaker Again?