An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Retail Brands Ahead of the Curve
- Are JetBlue's Ticket Prices About to Go Up?
- The Microsoft Corporation-Nokia Deal Is a Winner, Tweaks and All
- Here's What This $69 Billion Pension Fund Has Been Buying
- Ensco plc Orders 2 New Rigs: What Do Investors Need to Know?
- Exelon Exceeds Carbon Reduction Goal 7 Years Ahead of Schedule