An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Does Social Security Fit Into Your Retirement Plan?
- Here's What One of the Richest Americans Has Been Buying
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in March
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett?s Golden Anniversary Letter
- 5 Things Hewlett-Packard Company's Management Wants You to Know
- Guess Which Company Just Toppled Amazon.com Inc's Top Spot For Business Reputation