An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is Medicare? And What Does It Mean to Me?
- Canadian National Railway Looks to Invest in Its Future
- LinkedIn Made an App to Get Users Sharing More Content
- 3 Best Stocks for Investing in Retail REITs
- Bank of America?s First-Quarter Earnings Were Better, but Still Far From Good
- Facebook Inc. Earnings Preview: 3 Key Numbers to Watch