An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Did Microsoft Corporation Ditch Its Display Ad and Map Businesses?
- With Recent Gains, Kroger Co Announces Dividend Increase and Stock Buybacks
- Apple Inc and Samsung's New Partnership Might Hurt Suppliers
- The Stock I'm Buying When the Market Falls
- What Does the Future Hold for Social Security?
- The Retirement Number Secret No One Wants to Tell You