An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Whole Foods Market Inc. Investors Shouldn't Lose Sleep Over These 2 Essential Metrics? Yet
- Social Security: Can My Benefits Be Seized by Collectors?
- Monday?s Top Health Care Stories: AcelRx, Horizon Pharma, Hospira, GSK
- Is America?s Richest Family?s Wealth at Risk?
- The Mortgage Market's Next Opportunity
- Proof That Apple, Inc. Is Investing in Innovation