An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is The GEO Group a Good Sin Stock to Buy?
- Will McDonald's Menu Changes Help the Ailing Company Get Back in Shape?
- 3 Things Comcast May Not Want You to Know
- Burger King vs. McDonald's: Which One is Better?
- Why Costco Wholesale Corporation is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks