An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Women Can Get Ahead of the Retirement Savings Gap
- We're Gearing Up for Another Inspiring Season of Giving
- TrueCar Shares Jump as New CEO Reaches Out to Dealers
- More Proof Microsoft Corporation's Mobile Strategy Is Spot On
- Clear Sailing for TJX Companies Inc. and Ross Stores Inc.
- Future of Hewlett Packard Still Uncertain After Split