An employer is reponsible for collecting withholding taxes from the paychecks of its employees. The employer is also responsible for payment of certain taxes including FICA for Social Security and Medicare and usually workers compensation and some other payments required by some states. They may also pay for and provide benefits, typically including vacation pay, holidays, and health insurance. An employer is responsible for paying overtime when required by overtime laws.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Microsoft One of the Best Companies in America?
- Modern Day Scuttlebutt Methods That Philip Fisher Would Approve
- Is Home Depot One of the Best Companies in America?
- 401k Limits in 2014: How Much Should You Contribute?
- Is JPMorgan Chase One of the Best Companies in America?
- Is Apple One of the Best Companies in America?