An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The World's Happiest Countries -- That Are Affordable
- Why We're Thinking About Energy All Wrong
- Is Massachusetts' Medical Marijuana Industry Going Up in Smoke?
- Netflix, Inc. May Be About to Crack China's Fortune Cookie
- Why The Las Vegas Strip Is Thriving While Atlantic City Crumbles
- UBPR: Using Bank Reports to Find Great Bank Stocks