An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why AT&T and Verizon Communications Should Not Be Rising Today
- Why I Stopped Wringing My Hands and Finally Bought Shares of Capstone Turbine
- 2 Communication Equipment Dividends You Can Buy Right Now and 1 to Avoid
- An Interview with Markel's Tom Gayner
- Orders for Durable Goods up 0.7%
- First Bancorp Fell 36% During the Last Year -- Is Now the Time to Buy?