An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Bank Stocks All Retirees Should Consider Owning
- How Boeing, Deere, and Home Depot Benefit From the Wealth Effect
- How to Calculate Unplanned Inventory Investments
- Why KaloBios Pharmaceuticals, Eldorado Resorts, and Exact Sciences Jumped Today
- 1 Dividend Stock to Rule Them All
- 12b-1 Fees Can Wreck Your Returns