An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 5 Most Important Points From Citigroup's Fourth-Quarter Conference Call
- 5 Things Johnson & Johnson's Management Wants You to Know
- Does Greece Still Matter to U.S. Stocks?
- New King In Saudi Arabia But Same Old Oil Policy
- 3 Cheap Growth Stocks You Can Buy Right Now
- The Sorry State of Sam's Club, and Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Can't Give Up on the Warehouse