An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why I Wouldn't Short Berkshire Hathaway
- You'll Never Guess America's Favorite Credit Card of 2015
- Worried About The Market Correction? History Says You Shouldn't Be
- At Least One Middle Eastern Airline Giant Is Fueled by Subsidies
- Energy News: How to Read It When the Market Is in Turmoil
- The 5 Best Countries to Retire In