An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Tech Stocks That Could Disappoint This Earnings Season
- Volkswagen Changes Course: Fewer Diesels, More Electric Cars
- Linear Technology Keeps Shrinking, but a Turnaround Could Be Almost Here
- Financial Advice for My New Son
- What General Electric Company's Order Book Says About the Economy
- 2 Stocks Warren Buffett Could Buy -- and 1 He Ought to Love