An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things American Tower Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Airbus Group Powered Up After Earnings -- and Could Fly Even Higher
- Ford Motor Company: What Investors Need to Know About July's Sales Results
- 4 Stocks That Are Poised to Outperform in the Next Bear Market
- Dow Chemical Company Becoming a Deep Value for Investors
- Better Dividend Stock: Bank of America Corp vs. New York Community Bancorp