An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Exxon Mobil Used To Be Bigger Than Apple; What Happened?
- Ford's Aluminum F-150 Gets a $259 Million Boost From Uncle Sam
- SeaWorld May Have Another Blackfish on Its Hands
- General Electric Company Wants You to Meet the Factory of the Future
- You'll Never Guess Which Country Can't Get Enough of Nike (Hint: It's Not the U.S.)
- The Self-Driving Car and the Future of Mobility