An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Future of Finance According to This Legendary Investor
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Subaru 2015 Impreza: New Features Aim to Boost Sales
- You'll Never Guess Which Retailer Has the Cheapest Prices (Hint: It's Not Wal-Mart)
- "Too Big to Fail" Still Too Big a Risk, Says Nobel Winner
- 9 Things I Wonder About IPOs