An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Has Ukraine Shot Itself in the Foot With Gas Pipeline Deal?
- Abercrombie & Fitch Says "No No" to Its Logo
- Why This Consumer Spending Trend Is Worrisome
- 3 Reasons Union Pacific Corporation's Stock Could Rise
- Is This the Most Important Energy Trend of the Next Century?
- Is it Time to Buy Deere & Co.'s Stock?