An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's How Google Inc. Could Get to $670
- Oil Majors Balk At Mexican Offshore Proposals
- Why Citigroup Inc. Shares Banked 12% Gains in February
- This Wall Street Firm Just Took a Swipe at American Express Company
- Why I?m Buying Home Depot Inc. Stock
- FedEx and UPS Have New Competition: You're Never Going to Guess Who It Is