An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why eBay Inc.?s Billion Dollar Investments Are So Smart
- Simon Property Group's Earnings: Another Earnings Beat, but a Canary in the Coal Mine
- Cable Bill Too High but Not Ready to Cut the Cord? Here's What Some People Are Doing.
- Russia Sanctions: 5 Dividend Stocks That Might Be Affected
- Can Interface Inc. Bounce Back From Another Lackluster Quarter?
- 4 Energy Stocks I'll Be Buying If the Stock Market Crashes