An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Analyzing Bank Stocks the Easy Way
- Cummins Engine Sales Rev Up as U.S. Strength Drives Growth
- Dividend Stocks: 3 Reasons Rockwell Automation is Still a Great Long-Term Investment
- 3 Bank Stocks You Could Buy and Hold Forever
- Some Americans Won't Give Up Cable No Matter What the Economy Does
- How JetBlue Airways Became America's 5th Largest Airline