An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Tesla Motors, Inc. Lived Up to Predictions for 2014
- Price of Silver in 2015: Why It Could Bounce Higher
- Why Ford Is Making a Big Move Into High Performance
- The 1980s Just Called -- It Thinks You Should Buy Oil Stocks
- Next-Generation Video: Is 4K Ultra HD Video Ready For Prime Time Yet?
- Need a Christmas Idea? Here are 18 From Warren Buffett