An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will the 2015 Ford F-150 Strike a Deathblow to the Steel Industry?
- Warren Buffett Thinks This is The Most Important Business in Our Economy
- Move Over China: This Is The World's Hottest Economy
- Solazyme and Amyris Can Cut Energy Consumption Without Producing a Drop of Fuel
- China Is Quietly Profiting From the Russia-Ukraine Standoff: Here's How
- A Sure Sign That Housing Is Getting Back On Track