An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Illinois Tool Works' Guidance Too Conservative?
- 7 Amazing Quotes from Warren Buffett's Annual Letter to Shareholders
- S&P 500 Slips on Chinese Export Decline Despite Chiquita Banana M&A News
- Why Apple Deserves a Higher Valuation Multiple
- Why Boeing and Urban Outfitters Fell Today
- Investments You Believe In