An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Chinese Understand Bitcoin Better Than You Do
- Morning Dow Report: Strong Jobs Growth Sends Stocks Higher, But Financials Still Lag
- Despite an Improving U.S. Economy, Struggles Still Remain
- U.S. Consumer Spending Up 0.3% in October
- Citigroup Stirs Up Some Competition in China
- Microsoft's Rejection, EA's Pain, and Why the Dow Fell for the 5th Straight Day