An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Scotland?s Oil Future Will Remain in British Hands
- 3 Reasons Johnson Controls Inc.'s Stock Could Rise
- Why Cummins Inc. Stock Could Prove Wall Street Wrong
- America Still Hates Debt
- Boeing or Airbus: Which Company Will Dominate This Massive Market?
- It's the Poverty, Stupid: The Relationship Between Crime and the Weather