An economy is the resources or wealth of a particular country or region. Also refers to the consumption and production of goods and services in a region or country.
On a side note, "Economy" was an excellent chapter in Henry David Thoreau's classic, Walden, although in this context, it's synonymous with thriftiness.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ford's 2015 F-150 Is the New (Gasoline) Fuel-Economy Champ
- Volkswagen's $106 Billion Plan for World Domination
- Get Your Wallet Out: Global Drug Spending is About to Hit a Dubious Milestone
- The Secret Service?s Most Important Job Is Not What You Think
- Where Have All The Bank Branches Gone?
- 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) Unveils 3 New Printers Ahead of EuroMold