A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Toyota's Latest Move Toward Self-Driving Cars
- The Cloud Banks Another Billion for International Business Machines Corp.
- Currencies: The U.S. Trade Deficit Expands While We Wait on the Fed
- Would an Ebola Vaccine Move Regeneron Pharmaceuticals' Bottom Line?
- Do These 3 Dow Summer Survivors Belong in Your Portfolio?
- Twitter Tries to Fit a Square CEO Into a Round Hole