A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- No Warp Drive for NASA: But Here's the Next-Best Thing
- First Look at Huntington-Ingalls? New Proteus Underwater Vehicle
- PepsiCo Steals the NBA From Coca-Cola: What Investors Need to Know Now
- 3 Worrisome Obamacare Trends That Could Put Its Long-Term Success in Jeopardy
- Higher Oil Prices on the Horizon After Saudi Arabia Flexes Its Muscles
- This Is Still the Worst Major Airline for Customer Service