A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sierra Wireless Inc. Finds More Risk Than Reward in the Internet of Things
- Why Jeremy Clarkson's Heading to Amazon Instead of Netflix Is a Big Deal
- Warm Weather Cools Off UGI Corp.'s Earnings
- What to Expect When Markel Corporation Reports
- Is Potbelly Corp Finally A Buy At Its Original IPO Price?
- 5 Things American Tower Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know