A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things SolarCity Corp's Management Wants You to Know
- "Profitability" in Sight for BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- The Blind Forecaster
- SodaStream International Ltd. Earnings: Fizz Goes Flat
- Fifth Street Finance Corp. Gets Slapped With a Downgrade From Fitch
- Boston Beer Co. Inc. Stock Goes Flat on "Mixed" Q4 Results