A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Hospira, Inc. Stock Could Fall
- 5 Things Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.?s Management Wants You to Know
- Sears Earnings: A Textbook Example of a Company in Freefall
- 4 Things Time Warner Cable's Management Wants You to Know
- Is This the Real Reason Lorillard Is Willing to Sell blu eCigs?
- 5 Things Buffalo Wild Wings Management Wants You to Know