A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are These Stocks the Best Investments You Can Possibly Make?
- 3 Reasons Danaher Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- 3 Reasons Seadrill Ltd's Stock Could Fall
- How Safe Is Calumet Specialty Products Partners' Sky-High Yield?
- What You Need to Know About Credit Card Rates
- Here's Why General Electric Company Is Putting Billions into Aviation