A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon Fire Phone Is Officially a Massive Failure
- Should You Even Be Investing in Money Markets?
- K12 Inc. Beats And Still Goes to the Principal?s Office? Here?s Why
- Southern Company Earnings: What the Dollars Don't Tell You
- Deep Dive On What Facebook Stock Investors Need To Know This Week
- Trulia Inc. Q3 Earnings: Ready For The Buyout