A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tech Pundit Henry Blodget Is Selling His Apple Inc. Stock But I'm Keeping Mine
- How Starbucks Corporation Dominated the Holiday Season
- II-VI, Inc. Could Finally Be Back on Track
- Pharmacy Stocks in 2015: What to Watch
- How Warren Buffett Unknowingly Mentored One of America's Best Bankers
- Is Google Inc.'s Billion-Dollar Bet on Elon Musk a Good Deal?