A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Intel or Texas Instruments a Better Dividend Stock to Buy?
- Sprint's $100 Family Share Pack Excludes a Key Group of Customers
- Why McDonald's Corporation Is No Chipotle Mexican Grill
- 5 Things Kinder Morgan Inc Wants You to Know
- Small Sums, Lifetime Assets: The Gift of a Retirement Account
- Here?s What?s Next For Rackspace Hosting, Inc. Following Its Strategic Review