A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are You Overeducated? The Surprising Way It's Hurting Your Career
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- Danger Lurking for El Paso Pipeline Partners L.P.'s Dividend?
- Danger at 3D Systems Corporation: Employees Might Hate Their Jobs
- 17 Expert Ways to Save Money Every Day