A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- McDonald's Corporation Earnings: Will the Golden Arches Ever Grow Again?
- Travelers Companies Earnings: Are Storm Clouds Looming?
- What to Think of Coke's Latest Trends
- Wells Fargo and TD Bank Can Save Your Portfolio in the Coming Correction
- Breaking Down Arcam AB's Q1 Earnings -- FastEBM and New Orders
- Even With A Change At The Top, Danaher Corporation Will Roll On