A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday: All Hype or a Key Weekend for Retailers?
- Billionaires Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk Clash in Reusable Rocket Race
- 1 Tech Stock for 2025
- Don't Want to Go Broke in Retirement? Annuities Can Help
- Why Growth Is the Enemy of Solar Stocks
- 4 Reasons Why Millennials May Be Worse Off Than Baby Boomers Come Retirement