A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Biotech Stocks That Could Grow Faster than Apple
- This Is a Big Win for Marijuana and Researchers
- Ford Motor Company: How Chickens Could Take a Bite Out of its F-Series Cash Cow
- Why Nissan Motor Co.'s 2016 Sentra Is a Bad Sign for the Competition
- A $1 Billion Bet on Cancer Cures
- 4 Obamacare Benefits Many Seniors Don't Know About