A Pharmaceutical or drug is a material manufactured or processed for use as a medicine. Most pharmaceuticals are supplied by companies we call drug companies. This family includes majors like Pfizer, Merck, Eli Lilly, Wyeth, Abbott, and Johnson & Johnson. However, these companies note their major purpose is usually drug discovery and marketing. They develop suitable materials based on scientific research often by others, take them through the very extensive testing required for FDA approvals, and finally teach physicians when and how to use them.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger Decision Pushed Back to Mid-2015; Does This Kill the Deal?
- Oil Prices To Fall or Fly Depending on Iranian Nuclear Talks
- Why Pioneer Energy Services Corp.'s Shares Popped 12% Today
- Is General Mills, Inc. Stock a Buy?
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Could Hurt Google Inc.