Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is the Market Overdue for a Wealth-Killing Plunge?
- Read This Before Buying IBM Stock
- The Dow Jones Today Moved Triple Digits. What to Do Now?
- 1 Fantastic Stock to Buy in a Panicky Market
- 5 Things Goldman Sachs' Management Wants You To Know
- 3 Reasons Dave & Busters Entertainment Inc. Isn?t a Buy After its IPO