Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Gold Headed Higher ... or Lower to $1,000?
- Stock Market Today: Microsoft?s Xbox Play and American Eagle's Challenge
- Why Boeing and Urban Outfitters Fell Today
- Weakness in China Hurts U.S. Markets
- China's Slowdown Hits Stocks; Sears Holdings Jumps 6%
- Ford Burns Rubber in China, While Select Medical and Chevron Shareholders Cash In