Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 More Reason You Should Be Buying Stocks
- The Next Blue-Chip Stocks: Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- 3 Reasons Why Intel Corporation Is a Top Dividend Stock
- Congress May Control the Stock Markets' Destiny With These 3 Upcoming Votes
- Europe Spells Trouble for America's Record Run
- The Only Way You'll Ever Catch Up to the 1%