Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Procter & Gamble Earnings: What Investors Need to Know
- Walt Disney Co. Stock Ratio Analysis
- Global Concerns and Inflation Spook Stocks (Even Though They Shouldn't)
- Will OPEC's Big Gamble Pay Off?
- Netflix Inc. Has a Stock Split Coming: Here's Why You Shouldn't Care
- Bullish Investors Want an Earnings-Growth Boost From Financials This Week