Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stock Market Today: Apple Storms Into China, Costco Slows Down
- Morning Dow Report: Why a Stronger GDP Isn't Saving Stocks
- DJIA Falls on Strong GDP Report
- Microsoft's Plunge Leads the Dow's Wobbly Dip
- Microsoft Loses Mulally and Leads Dow Lower
- Ford Unveils 2015 Mustang and Incentive War Heats Up For Boeing 777X Production