Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Dow Jones Today Moved Triple Digits. What to Do Now?
- 1 Fantastic Stock to Buy in a Panicky Market
- 5 Things Goldman Sachs' Management Wants You To Know
- McDonald's, Amazon, and Philip Morris Investors Should Pay Attention To a Strengthening Dollar
- Why Applied Materials Inc. Is Up 13% in 2014
- We're Already in a Bear Market; You Just Don't Realize It Yet