Dow Jones is a publisher of financial news. They are best known as the publisher of the The Wall Street Journal and Barron's, but also provide ticker and broad ticker services and maintain the Dow Jones Industrial Index, and the Dow Jones Transportation Index.
In 2007, Dow, Jones & Company, publisher of the Wall Street Journal, merged with News Corporation, a news organization run by news and entertainment mogul Rupert Murdoch. News Corporation is thought to be readying a financial news channel to compete with General Electric's CNBC.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intel's Falling Earnings Can't Keep the Dow from a Triple-Digit Surge
- Why the Dow Jones Jumped Despite Weak Economic Data
- The Not So Logical Reason Visa Is the Dow's Most Important Stock
- Too Many Lousy Financial Stocks Have Kept the Dow Down This Year -- Here's How to Fix That
- Why IBM and American Express Will Move the Dow Tomorrow
- 3 Tech Stocks Active on Wednesday