As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Citrix Systems, Inc.'s Results Are a Mixed Bag
- Xerox Corp Third-Quarter Earnings: Has Progress Stalled?
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc.: Wall Street Has Fourth-Quarter Results Wrong
- What Google's Android 5.0 Lollipop Means For Mobile Enterprise
- IRA vs 401k: Which Is Better for You?
- Verizon Communications Inc. Misses on Earnings, But That's Not What Matters