As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Safe Stocks Yielding 5% (or More) Do Exist -- Here Are 5 of Them
- Borrowers, Rejoice: Simpler Mortgage Disclosure Forms Are Finally Here
- Will You Be on the Hook for an Obamacare Penalty?
- 3 Core Issues Facing Whole Foods Market
- Internet Ad Growth Is Surging, and Facebook Inc. Is the Big Winner
- Here's How Big a Robotic Lawn Mower Could Be for iRobot Corporation