As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon.com Inc. Lays Out the Blueprint to Its Drone Program
- What Is Donald Trump's Net Worth?
- Lockheed Martin's Littoral Combat Ship Is Finally Making Headway -- but Is It Too Late?
- Growth Investors Need to Put This IPO on Their Watchlist
- Why Intel's Moore's Law Slip Won't Significantly Impact Its Server Chip Plans
- My Experience with Intel Corporation?s $180 Mini-PC