As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Bequest: What Givers and Receivers Need to Know
- Is There Room for Another Wireless Carrier in the U.S.?
- 1099 vs W2: Which Is Preferable for Employers and Employees?
- Dear Mom and Dad: We Need to Talk About Your Finances
- What Is an LLC? It?s How You Might Organize Your Business
- Can the Apple Watch Avoid the Same Problems as FitBit?