As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Warren Buffett Is Wrong About The Coca-Cola Co. and Whole Foods Market Inc.
- Myanmar: The Next Frontier for Offshore Oil
- 4 Powerful Traits of the Financially Secure
- 5 Money-Saving AARP Perks Senior Citizens Can Take Advantage Of
- Social Security: The Biggest Threat to Your Benefits (Hint: It Isn't Claiming at 62)
- An Open Letter to Twitter Inc?s CEO Dick Costolo