As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Herbalife, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and FuelCell Energy Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Why Narcissistic CEOs Make More Money, But Are Bad for Business
- Your Cable Bill: Can You Handle the Truth?
- Will Cisco Help This Cloud Company Conquer Enterprise?
- 25% of International Business Machines Should Scare Investors!
- 2 Companies That Will Profit From the End of America's Oil Export Ban