As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Exotic Mortgage Loans Are Making a Comeback: Should We Be Worried?
- Microsoft Corporation Windows 10 Is Beating Windows 7 in This Key Market
- Intel Corporation Is Doing Something Smart with Its Upcoming Kaby Lake Chip
- Here?s Why Penn Virginia Corporation?s Stock is Reversing Course Today
- 2 Effective Ways To Protect Your Identity
- Skip IRS Publication 590. Here's What You Really Need to Know About IRAs