As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 Sales Soared as Apple's iPad Sales Plunged
- 1 Dividend Stock Worth Owning Forever
- Satya Nadella Continues Making Big Changes at Microsoft
- Federal Reserve to Big Banks: You're Doing a Terrible Job
- Everything You Need to Know About VA Mortgage Refinancing
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?