As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why 60% of Public Companies Are Incorporated in This State
- 7 Valuable Insights from America's Best Big Bank
- Only Months After the iPhone 6 Release, Is the Apple A9 Chip Already in Production?
- Cintas Keeps Squeezing More Profit From Less Business
- At Long Last, McDonald's Is Simplifying Its Menu
- 6 Tips to Protect Newbie Landlords Against Bad Tenant Situations