As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why McDonald's Stabilization Plan Will Boost Sales
- The News That Rocked Investors in Eagle Rock Energy Partners L.P.
- The Health Care Market Looks Ripe to BlackBerry
- Apple Earnings: 4 Questions for Tim Cook Today
- Halliburton Company More Optimistic on North America Than Peers
- ConocoPhillips Repositioning Its Portfolio