As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things to Know About Google's Mystery Barge
- NHTSA Demands Recall Data From General Motors
- Chevron Crushes the Hopes of a Small Country
- Agency-by-Agency Summary of Obama Budget
- Why Is David Tepper's $20 Billion Hedge Fund Swapping These Oil Services Stocks?
- Why Apple Took a Bold Stance on the Environment