As part of the loan application process, a loan originator collects a book of papers detailing the borrower's financial history. Typical information includes copies of previous mortgage account statements, income tax records, credit card documents, etc.
The documentation makes it possible for the loan originator to resell the mortgage to others.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- 3 Things to Watch For When Facebook Inc Reports Third-Quarter Earnings
- 3 Reasons a Microsoft Watch Is Destined to Fail
- Citrix Systems, Inc.'s Results Are a Mixed Bag
- Xerox Corp Third-Quarter Earnings: Has Progress Stalled?
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc.: Wall Street Has Third-Quarter Results Wrong