A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are You Missing the Fuel Cell Revolution?
- Why Energy Transfer Partners LP Stock Is Going Nowhere in 2014
- Why FuelCell Energy Inc. Has Skyrocketed 78% in 2014
- How Safe Is Calumet Specialty Products Partners' Sky-High Yield?
- Here's How You Can Find a Great Dividend Stock
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Stock: What You Are Buying