A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things Kinder Morgan Inc Has to Say This Quarter
- How Microsoft Corporation's Hardware Strategy Combines The Best of Apple and Google
- Here's What Went Wrong for Everything Energy Transfer in September
- The 1099 DIV: A Critical Tax Form for Investors
- Comcast and Netflix: Best of Frenemies?
- One Energy Dividend You Shouldn't Overlook