A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Earnings: 3 Crucial Numbers You Need to Know
- Overstock.com is No Threat to Netflix or Amazon.com
- Renewable Energy Jobs Soar, But What Does It Mean for Investors?
- Will General Electric Company's Rebalancing Act Pay Off in 2015?
- Solar Stocks Could Be In For a Big Year in 2015
- Superbowl Showdown: Google Inc vs. Facebook Inc