A distribution is a payment made from a qualified retirement plan to the account holder or beneficiary. Qualified plans include IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc. The distribution is a taxable event, which is reported to the IRS and must be reported on your annual income tax returns.
Disambiguation: Distribution also refers to the system of warehouses that allows a manufacturer or importer to ship usually truckload quantities from his factory. The distribution center typically holds quantities of the product and ships mixed case lots to individual stores or their regional distribution centers. The distribution center may be owned by the manufacturer, the retailer or a middle man distributor.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Get Rich Off Real Estate Like Warren Buffett
- Yes, You Can Retire With the Help of Oil and Natural Gas
- SIMPLE IRA Rules: What You Need to Know
- How Can First Solar Inc Reignite Its Stock?
- Does the Dish-Disney Deal Mean the Death of the Cable Bundle?
- Hanesbrands, Under Armour, and VF Corp.: 3 Apparel Companies to Watch