A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Better Stock to Buy Today: Sturm, Ruger, or Smith & Wesson?
- Jiayuan.com International Ltd. Reports Earnings Amid Transition
- The Best Amazon Black Friday Bargain in 2014: The Stock Itself
- Home Depot Sales, Earnings Build, but Data Breach Questions Remain Unanswered
- 5 Ways SodaStream International, Ltd. Is Trying to Reinvent Itself
- What Sent lululemon athletica 16% Higher Since Last Month