A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Expert Opinion: 3D Printing Will Complement Existing Manufacturing in Next 10 Years
- Should You Follow Goldman Sachs Advice on Oil Stocks?
- A Dividend Stock for the Ages
- Sorry, Carl Icahn, But Apple Isn't Making a TV
- Best Tech Stocks to Buy Now: Apple Inc., Google Inc., and Amazon.com Inc.
- Arista Networks Sees Growth Soar Into the Cloud