A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Sum of Small Parts: Why I'm Buying Shares of Proto Labs Inc
- Under Armour Is No. 2 in U.S., but Will It Catch Nike?
- For Amazon Investors, Ignorance Is Bliss
- Winter Storm Juno Claims Its First Victim: United Technologies Corporation
- A Double Whammy for Lockheed Martin Corporation on Earnings Day
- Corning Incorporated Turns In Another Great Quarter