A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways to Get Rich in the Stock Market
- Why DreamWorks Animation Selling Its Headquarters Is a Good Thing
- Why Long-term Investors Should Ignore Tesla Motors' Frothy Valuation
- Apple Inc.'s Rumored Car -- 4 Reasons I?m Not Buying The Hype
- 6 Companies We'd Buy and Hold for the Next Decade
- Which Elon Musk Stock Is the Better Buy: Tesla or SolarCity?