A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons General Motors Stock Could Rise
- Does China Have an Unfair Competitive Advantage Over U.S. Companies?
- Solar Energy Becoming a Key Component in the Connected Home
- 3D Printing Expert Weighs in on Hewlett-Packard Company's 3D Printer
- 3 High-Growth Stocks You Don't Need to Babysit
- Best Stocks for High-Risk Investors