A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Earnings: Sounding Off With a Strong Quarter
- Under Armour-Third Quarter Earnings: Running a Marathon at a Sprinter's Pace
- 1 Little-Known Advantage Most Investors Miss
- 1 Bright Spot in 3D Systems Corporation's Dismal Quarter
- Proto Labs Inc Earnings: Did the Market Overact to a "Disappointing" Quarter?
- Could Organovo Holdings Inc. Be Running Out of Money?