A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Is on Its Way to $1 Trillion: Here's Why
- 3 Best Dividend Stocks for 2015
- From Supercomputer Chefs to 3D Printers -- Disruptive Innovation Is Changing How We Eat
- Will General Motors Steal the Show in New York This Week?
- The Self-Driving Car and the Future of Mobility
- Russia Proposes a Disruptive Innovation That Could Change How We Travel