A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is America?s Richest Family?s Wealth at Risk?
- Google Must Watch Out for the Sharks
- Why I Stopped Wringing My Hands and Finally Bought Shares of Capstone Turbine
- Where Does 3M Company Go From Here?
- Pall Corp.: Why You Should Invest In This Recession-Proof Industrial Supplier
- Baidu, Inc. Shares Rise 7% on Second-Quarter Earnings Surprise