A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dear Brian Moynihan: You?ve Done a Good Job so Far, But Now Comes the Hard Part
- Here's My Favorite Stock for 2015
- Post Holdings Q4 Earnings: Acquisitions Set to Pay Off in 2015?
- The Simple Way I Search for the Next Hit Stock
- The 5 Fastest-Growing Countries in the World
- Disney?s New Toy Story Hotel Is More Important Than You Think