A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple, Inc. R&D: Too Little or Just Right?
- 1 Tech Stock for 2025
- Why the Microgrid Is the Next Big Growth Opportunity in Energy
- 3 Things You Never Knew About the S&P 500
- Beyond Chemotherapy: 4 Unique Ways Drug Developers Are Fighting Back Against Cancer
- Should You Own Lone Pine Capital's 3 Favorite Stocks?