A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Health Care Market Looks Ripe to BlackBerry
- 3 Things You Need to Watch For in Boston Scientific's Earnings
- The Real Reason Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Is Tanking, Yet Again
- Surprisingly Strong North America Results at Baker Hughes Inc
- Visa, Inc. Earnings: How Fast Can the Card Giant Grow?
- Health-Care Stock to Watch: Catamaran