A disruptive innovation is an evolution of an existing technology and one that eventually displaces the earlier one, creating a paradigm shift in that industry.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Massive Risks Facing Apple?s New Smartwatch
- 3D Printing Dinosaur Bones: You Won't Believe This Man's Crazy Journey
- Apple Watch and iPhone 6 Event: 5 Can't-Miss Quotes
- 3 Surprising Ways 3D Printing Is Already Revolutionizing Your Healthcare
- Apple Watch: Home Run or Who Cares?
- Is McBrunch Coming to a McDonald's Near You?