Dick's Sporting Goods
Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment.
Dick’s Sporting Goods is a full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear in a specialty store environment.
On February 13, 2007, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. acquired Golf Galaxy, Inc. (“Golf Galaxy”) which became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dick’s by means of a merger of Dick’s subsidiary with and into Golf Galaxy. On November 30, 2007, Dick’s acquired all of the outstanding stock of Chick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (“Chick’s”), which also became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Dick’s.
As of May 2, 2009 the company operated 394 Dick’s stores in 39 states, 91 Golf Galaxy stores in 31 states and 13 Chick’s stores in southern California, with approximately 24.1 million square feet, in 42 states on a consolidated basis, the majority of which are located throughout the eastern half of the United States.
Source: Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. May 22nd, 2009 10-Q
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- They're Young, They Play Sports, and Under Armour and Dick's Sporting Goods Want Their Business
- Why This Best-in-Class Sports Retailer Looks Like a Bargain
- Dick's Sporting Goods Finds Itself in a Sand Trap
- After a Bad Start to 2014, Is the Story Intact at Dick's Sporting Goods?
- 5 of Last Week's Biggest Losers