Demand deposit account
Investment accounts and certificates of deposit (CDs) are not considered DDAs because the bank is not obligated to return your money on demand, instead you must follow the bank's rules and you will receive your money back at the contracted time, sometimes with penalties for early withdrawal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Simple Reasons eBay Should Spin Off PayPal
- 5 Creative Ways to Save for a Down Payment
- How to Find the Best Money Market Rates
- 5 Actions You Should Take to Build a Sizable Retirement Nest Egg
- Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Model X: Sales to Surpass Model S?
- CIT Group Inc: A Host of Tailwinds Could Fuel Big Valuation Growth