Demand deposit account
Investment accounts and certificates of deposit (CDs) are not considered DDAs because the bank is not obligated to return your money on demand, instead you must follow the bank's rules and you will receive your money back at the contracted time, sometimes with penalties for early withdrawal.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- In the Market for Money
- Better Buy Now: Ally Financial or BofI Holding
- 4 Questions for BofI Holding, Inc. Management to Answer This Week
- Binary Options: These All-or-Nothing Options Are All-Too-Often Fraudulent
- Why Do Some Banks Pay More Interest Than Others?
- Say Hello to Medical Marijuana's Biggest Threat