Generally, the stock will go to the OTC:BB exchange for trading. It may or may not have a new ticker symbol. You can still trade the stock, but there may not be as much liquidity, which can translate into lower prices for the stock (because of the lack of demand). Unfortunately, the commissions can sometimes cost more than the proceeds from the sale of the stock.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- IPO News: Could This Golf Offering Be a Hole in One?
- Molycorp Inc. Tumbled After China Did This but Its Fate Was Already Sealed
- Why Do High-Yield Stocks Like American Realty Capital Bring Out Bad Executive Behavior?
- Is Exelixis, Inc. Stock Doomed?
- American Apparel Adds a Second Woman To Its Board, Will It Matter?
- Playing With Fire: A Framework for Predicting Failure