Generally, the stock will go to the OTC:BB exchange for trading. It may or may not have a new ticker symbol. You can still trade the stock, but there may not be as much liquidity, which can translate into lower prices for the stock (because of the lack of demand). Unfortunately, the commissions can sometimes cost more than the proceeds from the sale of the stock.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stock Market Myths: 7 Ways a Fool and Their Money Are Soon Parted
- 3 Reasons J.C. Penney Company Stock Could Rise
- Will Apple Watch Sales Lift Universal Display Corporation and InvenSense Inc?
- Why Ocwen Financial Corp Is Getting Rid of this $89 Billion Portfolio
- Do Reverse Splits Ever Work?
- 3 Investments That Could Lose You Lots of Money