DSM (EURONEXT: DSM)
DSM is a Dutch chemical company headquartered in Heerlen, Netherlands. The company manufactures nutritional ingredients such as vitamins, enzymes, and related biochemicals. A pharmaceuticals division makes penicillin G and semi-synthetic antibiotics. Chemical operations manufacture plastics, resins, and chemical intermediates such as acrylonitrile and caprolactam. Products are used in synthetic fibers, adhesives, fiber optics, wind turbines, and auto parts.
The company was founded in 1902 as Dutch State Mines, a state owned coal mine company. Mining ended in 1973 as the company gradually transitioned to a chemical manufacturer.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Bio-Fuel Sector is Attracting Some Big Names
- Should Starbucks and Dunkin? Donuts Fear This New App?
- Why McCormick & Company, Incorporated Might Keep Falling
- How Biotech Companies Are Creating Your Next Winter Weather Snow Tires
- Did the EPA Just Kill Biofuels?
- Refiners, Ethanol, and You. Time to Worry?