Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 76 Million Households Affected in JPMorgan Chase Bank Breach
- 5 Reasons No Fast Food Chain Can Touch Chipotle
- How Richard Branson Built a $5 Billion Fortune From Scratch
- Can You Guess Which Airline Has the Comfiest Seats?
- The Future of Cable: DISH Network Mounts an Attack
- If Cheap Oil Prices Are Good for the Economy, Why Is the Stock Market Down?