Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things American Airlines Group, Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- Hold Your Horses, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Earnings Are Better Than They Appear
- Better Bad News Buy: IBM or Microsoft Corporation?
- Schlumberger vs. Halliburton: You'll Never Guess Which Is Really the Most Undervalued
- Cameron International Corporation's Earnings Leave Cause for Concern in 2015
- Why Did EMC Corporation Soar 5% Higher This Morning, Only to Lose It All Again?