Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- California Water Earnings Take a Hit From the Drought
- OpenText Survives a Tough Quarter As Shares Soar
- SolarCity Powers Up Another Big Growth Quarter: 3 Things to Know
- Second Major Success in the Sharing Economy -- Airbnb Wins a $25 Billion Valuation
- Amazon Prime Day Both a Success and a Failure?
- LifeLock Cuts Guidance; Shares Fall