Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why McDonald's Stabilization Plan Will Boost Sales
- 2 Corporate Titans Resisting Definition: Will Tomorrow's Mega-Companies "Do Everything?"
- Taxes Can Clobber Amazon's Sales, but That Doesn't Matter
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Highs Worth Selling
- IPO Stocks: When You Want to Get In on Great Companies Early
- Billionaire Ken Fisher?s Top Dividend Stocks