Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Believe the Hype: Microsoft Corporation Is Not Ditching Devices
- American Express Centurion: The Facts and Rumors About the "Real" Black Card
- Amazon's Hidden Internet of Things Advantage
- Amazon Finally Launches an Online Store for Mexico
- 4 Things Satya Nadella Plans for the Future of Microsoft
- 3 Ways Rite Aid Is Transforming Before Our Very Eyes