Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Amazon.com Inc.?
- Should We Be Excited About Amazon.com, Inc.? A Contrarian Perspective
- The Dark Side of Cross-Selling for Wells Fargo & Co.
- Can T-Mobile "Offer" Its Way Around Net Neutrality Complaints?
- International Business Machines Corp Just Trounced Amazon.com and Microsoft in This Cloud Matchup
- 3 Stocks We're Ready to Sell