Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 50 Million People Already Use This App That Facebook Released This Summer
- Why Are Comcast's Data Cap Exemptions Evil If T-Mobile's Are A-OK?
- Baidu Inc. (ADR) Is Making Moves Into India
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc. Delivers Another Great Quarter
- Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Hulu: Which Offers the Best Deal?
- Look Out Alphabet Inc, Here Come Microsoft Corporation's Driverless Cars