Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- UBPR: Using Bank Reports to Find Great Bank Stocks
- Warren Buffett Buys More IBM: Should You Do the Same?
- What Should UPS and FedEx Do With SurePost and SmartPost?
- 5 Things Cisco Systems, Inc's Management Wants You to Know
- 1 Key Metric Indicates Stratasys Stock Is Poised to Outperform 3D Systems Stock
- 3 Stocks You'll Want To Own If Inflation Begins To Rise