Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things FedEx Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things 3D Systems Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- Is IBM One of the Best Companies in America?
- Why Is Microsoft Corporation Still Pushing the Xbox 360?
- It's Time for CarMax, Inc. to Throttle Up on Growth
- Boeing or Airbus: Which Company Will Dominate This Massive Market?