Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- T-Mobile Wants to Give You An iPad -- Sort Of
- 3 Restaurants We Love to Hate
- Which Major Cable Company Has the Most Fed Up Customers?
- Why I Trust Google and Netflix to Out-Innovate Apple and Comcast
- Shockingly This Company Ousted Apple as This Year's Brand Loyalty Leader
- How Wal-Mart Could Change the Landscape of American Banking