Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What's the Big Deal With T-Mobile USA's "Business Un-Carrier" Plan?
- Is Apple Inc. Releasing an iPhone 6c This Year?
- Will the U.S. Mandate A La Carte Cable Like Canada?
- Why This Fact About Millennials Is Great for Facebook Inc.
- Two Ways to Become a Millionaire
- Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint: Can You Guess Which is America's Favorite Wireless Brand?