Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hewlett-Packard Earnings: 1 Segment Just Took the Clear Lead in HP's Turnaround
- Apple, Inc. Takes a Different Approach to User Data in China
- 3 Reasons American Tower Corp.'s Stock Could Rise
- Defense Industry: Investing Essentials
- The Biggest Risk to Google, Inc.'s One-Stop Information Shop
- PetSmart Unleashes Mixed Results, Considers Alternatives That Could Include Sale