Customers are an essential part of any business. The purpose of a business is to generate wealth for its owner(s), and the customer is the one who exchanges money for the business's product or service. Businesses typically seek to increase their number of customers, and also the loyalty of their customers. A business may try to establish a popular brand to keep customers from buying competing products.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- Would You Block Online Ads Just to Make Your Internet Company More Money?
- 5 Reasons I'm Excited About K+S AG's Stock
- 3 Lessons Investors Can Learn From SodaStream Stock's Dramatic Collapse
- Starbucks Corporation Is Investing Aggressively In Store Growth, But Is the Stock a Buy?