A current asset is an asset which is expected to be converted into cash or have all of its benefit realized within one year. Examples include cash (duh), accounts receivable, and prepaid expenses. The total is used as the numerator in the current ratio metric.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: 3D Systems Corporation
- Why Estee Lauder Companies Inc. Should Be On Your Watchlist
- Balance Sheet Analysis on iRobot Corporation Stock
- A Balance Sheet Analysis of MasterCard Stock
- What You Can Learn from a Rite Aid Corporation Stock Financial Ratio Analysis
- A Balance Sheet Analysis of Chesapeake Energy Corporation