The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Buy Rental Property With Only a 3.5% Down Payment
- 5 Great Ways to Spend Your Income Tax Refund
- What Kind of Insurance Do Drivers Like Me Buy?
- The First-Time Homebuyer's Guide to Getting a Loan
- Why Electric Vehicles Won't Dominate Gas Over the Next Decade
- Maybe You Should Use Your Credit Cards More Often