The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Comcast Could Make Your Next Video Game Console
- Trex Co. Inc. Moving From Turnaround to International Growth?
- 3 Things You Probably Don't Know About Roth IRAs
- Yandex N.V. Delivers Despite Economic Challenges, Google's Gains
- 5 Things Southwest Airlines Co. Management Wants You to Know
- Comcast Just Launched Its Google Fiber Killer