The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Average American Has This Much Debt -- How Do You Compare?
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Financial Life in 2016
- 2016's 10 Biggest Tax Changes
- Just What Does a 6-Figure Salary Get You?
- Crude Price Crash Could Drill a 19-Million-Barrel Hole in Future Supplies
- Here's What Sent EQT Corporation Down 10.8% in November