The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Home Depot, Inc's Data Breach Will Not Doom Its Business
- High-Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: Two Harbors Investment Corp.
- Will FuelCell Energy Inc. Find Success Replicating SolarCity's Business Model?
- 4 Obstacles That Keep Millennials From Buying Their First Homes
- Sprint's iPhone for Life: Good Deal or Gimmick?
- Target's Secret Strategy to Dominate the Holiday Shopping Season