The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons SodaStream International Ltd.?s Stock Could Rise
- Why Enterprise Products Partners L.P. Stock Has Surged 20% in 2014
- Can Sirius XM Holdings Inc. Get Rich by Giving it Away?
- The SIMPLE IRA Rules You Need to Know
- 3 Crucial Steps Toward Credit Repair
- How Much Longer Can Low U.S. Natural Gas Prices Last?