The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Twitter, Inc. Under Dick Costolo's Leadership: Better Than You Think
- Exotic Mortgage Loans Are Making a Comeback: Should We Be Worried?
- How to Save for Retirement if You Don't Have a 401(k)
- American Express Centurion: The Facts and Rumors About the "Real" Black Card
- Types of Loans: Mix and Match
- What Is Taxable Income? You May Be Surprised by What Qualifies and What Doesn?t