The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Annaly Capital Management Inc. Wants You to Know
- What Took Costco So Long to Dump AmEx and Embrace Visa?
- How Does Social Security Fit Into Your Retirement Plan?
- Will Samsung Pay Be an Apple Pay Killer?
- Facebook Inc's Most Valuable User Segment Grew 33% in 6 Months
- Could You Handle a Financial Emergency?