The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Conn?s Be Following Rent-A-Center and Aaron?s Lower?
- Buy 100 Stocks Loved by Insiders
- Latest eBay Data Breach Shows Deeper Security Concerns Than Reported
- Another Sign That Bitcoin Is Here to Stay
- 1 Simple Strategy to Invest in Annaly Capital Management, Inc. With Less Risk
- Why AMC Entertainment Is up Nearly 20% Since Its IPO