The credit limit is the maximum amount of money that may be charged to your credit card account. The issuer will usually allow you to carry the full amount as an unpaid balance provided you make minimum payments and pay the finance charges due each month. Most charge additional fees if your account exceeds the credit limit.
Related Fool Articles
- 60-Second Guide to Getting Out of Debt
- 60-Second Guide to Perfect Credit
- How-To Guide: Reduce Your Debt
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Money Mistake I Wish I Could Take Back
- Sorry, Sony Investors: "The Angry Birds Movie" Isn't Likely to Be the Next "Toy Story"
- 3 Reasons Why Your Credit Score Isn't Budging
- Is Kinder Morgan Inc. the Perfect Energy Stock?
- 3 Ways to Squeeze More Income From Your Savings
- Dealing With Debt Collectors the Right Way