Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wisdom from Warren Buffett?s Golden Anniversary Letter
- Is It Time to Sell These 2014 Tech Stock Winners?
- Guess Which Company Just Toppled Amazon.com Inc's Top Spot For Business Reputation
- Will Samsung Pay Be an Apple Pay Killer?
- This One Key Metric Says Amazon.com, Inc. Is Well On Its Way To Profitability
- 3 Reasons to Be Wary of SolarCity Stock