Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Spotting Bubbles Is So Much Harder Than You Think
- Iron Man Crushes Spidey; Batman Is Next
- Groupon Expands Point-of-Sale Suite With New iPad App
- 3 FTSE 100 Shares the Market Loves: Rio Tinto, Shire, and Experian
- Joseph Stiglitz on What Business Schools Teach That's Wrong
- Why Amazon Coins Are a Bad Idea