Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Too Many Lousy Financial Stocks Have Kept the Dow Down This Year -- Here's How to Fix That
- Facebook's Coming Mobile Payments Gambit
- Get in on the Ground Floor With the 'Warren Buffett of MLPs'
- Is Best Buy Still the Best Choice for Both Consumers and Investors?
- These 3 American Giants Had Very Different Days
- Carl Icahn and Elon Musk Are Wrong: Here's Why eBay Keeping PayPal Makes Sense