Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Get Rich Off Real Estate Like Warren Buffett
- The Complete Guide to 2014 Tax Filing for Same-Sex Married Couples
- The Unspoken Truth About Payday Lenders
- Box Office: ?Non-Stop,? ?Son of God? to Fall as ?300? Sequel Looks to Conquer ?Mr. Peabody & Sherman
- Should You Fear the Skeleton Lurking in Chesapeake Energy?s Closet?
- Bank Loans to Small Businesses on the Rise