Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Republic Services? Q2 Earnings Preview
- Railroads Reach All-Time Highs on Record CSX and Canadian National Earnings
- Can This Dividend Stock Deliver on Q2 Expectations?
- An Interview with Author Larry Cunningham
- How Worried Should Visa Inc and MasterCard Inc?s Shareholders Be Right Now?
- France Bans Free Delivery. Will it Hurt Amazon Prime?