Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Things You Never Knew About Credit Scores
- 5 Stocks We Bought Recently
- 3 Ways Couples Can Maximize Their Social Security Benefits
- 5 Top Consumer Goods Stocks to Buy In October
- Healthcare Reform: 3 Fixes That Could Make Obamacare Considerably More Effective
- Sorry, Sony Investors: "The Angry Birds Movie" Isn't Likely to Be the Next "Toy Story"