Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Select Comfort Is Not Just A Mattress Company
- ?Salem? and ?Silicon Valley? Deliver Ratings Suprises
- 1 Reason Bank of America Corp May Always Underperform Wells Fargo
- 2 Numbers That Explain Why Fox Wants to Make Mark Millar?s 'Superior' Into a Movie
- How Boring Investing Can Fatten Your Wallet
- 3 Charts Show Why Investors Should Be Wary of Bank Dividends