Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Do Short-Sellers Have Against These 3 Companies?
- Can Either of These Shippers Make You Rich?
- Q2 Earnings Preview: Enterprise Products Partners
- Is Another Financial Crisis Coming Down the Road?
- Why I Stopped Wringing My Hands and Finally Bought Shares of Capstone Turbine
- Does This Man Deserve Credit for AIG's Turnaround