Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Mortgages
- Payday Lenders Surround U.S. Military Bases -- but the Pentagon Is Preparing to Counterattack
- Charlie Munger: 5 Quotes Show Why Warren Buffett's No. 2 is More Important Than You Think
- Are Your Student Loan Payments Higher Than Necessary?
- The Worst 3 Bank Stocks for the Next 10 Years
- 3 Important Facts About Social Security Spousal Benefits