Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Charging Your Holiday Shopping Hurt Your Credit Score?
- The Future of Finance According to This Legendary Investor
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- 4 Tech Billionaires You?ve Likely Never Heard Of
- Why I Trust Google and Netflix to Out-Innovate Apple and Comcast
- United Airlines Books Its Highest Quarterly Profit Yet