Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Warren Buffett: 3 Ways to Protect Your Savings From a Crisis
- Should T-Mobile's Netflix Gift Persuade You to Buy a Samsung Galaxy S6?
- Why the Solar Industry Is Its Own Worst Enemy
- How to Start Investing With Less Than $500
- 3 of Our Favorite Stocks Wall Street Is Wrong About
- Security Risk: 7 Critical Choke Points That Could Cause an Oil Price Super Spike