Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Thursday Be a Rough Day for LINN Energy LLC's Investors?
- 3 Investor Takeaways From Ford Motor Company's Strong Second Quarter
- The Greatest Bank Business Model Out There
- Southwest Airlines Turns in Another Stellar Quarter
- Ford's Profits Jump as New Products Boost Margins
- PACCAR Still Rolling: Reports Another Record Quarter