Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Why Capital One Financial Corp. Stock May Rise
- The Complete List: Bank of America's Legal Fines and Settlements Since 2008
- Facebook Messenger vs. WhatsApp: Is One Really Worse Than the Other?
- Stocks to Buy: Kids Edition
- 1 More Reason You Should Be Buying Stocks
- Main Street Capital Corporation Stock Joins an Exclusive Club