Credit history is a list of previous loans, credit cards, and bills paid such as utilities that gives an indication of consistency in making payments when due. Any marks against reported to credit bureaus or past bankruptcy filings, etc., will be included.
Credit history is part of the information maintained by credit bureaus to arrive at a credit score. This is typical of the information reviewed by a lender in deciding to approve credit as for a loan application or an application for a credit card.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Biggest Opening Weekends in Box Office History
- A Short Term Loan Alternative to Costly Payday Lending
- Stocks to Watch: Business Development Companies
- Will Visa Spend $20 Billion to Get This European Business Back?
- 3 Top Stocks for Having Fun With Your Family
- 3 Top Stocks for Investing in Silicon Valley