Causes and Effects of the Credit Crunch
There is some disagreement about the causes of the credit crunch, as well as about how lasting and extensive the effects will be. There seems to be some consensus, however, that easy lending practices and transference of risk played a part in causing the trouble. Consensus on the effects is much harder to come by, with some saying we are about to enjoy a resurgence in the financial markets, and others saying that we are about to enter another Great Depression. The actions of government and business will likely affect the outcome.
- I'm Beating the Credit Crunch
- Credit Crunch Squeezes "Safe" Investments
- The Credit Crunch on Housing
- The End by Michael Lewis
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- OPEC Issues Another Warning of a Future Oil-Price Spike
- Is Rdio the Ghost of Apple Music's Future?
- Oil Stocks: What Happened to the Looming Credit Crunch?
- Oasis Petroleum Inc. Passed This Big Test With Ease
- AB InBev and SABMiller: What Investors Need to Know About One of the Biggest Deals in History
- Your Complete Guide to the 529 Plan