Causes and Effects of the Credit Crunch
There is some disagreement about the causes of the credit crunch, as well as about how lasting and extensive the effects will be. There seems to be some consensus, however, that easy lending practices and transference of risk played a part in causing the trouble. Consensus on the effects is much harder to come by, with some saying we are about to enjoy a resurgence in the financial markets, and others saying that we are about to enter another Great Depression. The actions of government and business will likely affect the outcome.
- I'm Beating the Credit Crunch
- Credit Crunch Squeezes "Safe" Investments
- The Credit Crunch on Housing
- The End by Michael Lewis
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These In-Demand Jobs Promise Fantastic Pay ? If You Can Make the Grade
- Here's Why Amazon's Same-Day Delivery Won't Spoil Warren Buffett's Wal-Mart Bet
- Retirement Planning: 3 Questions You Need to Answer
- Sensors Will Be Measuring Everything, Even NFL Players
- Is Apple Preparing to Challenge Amazon's Book Business?
- Golub BDC Balance Sheet: The Liabilities