Causes and Effects of the Credit Crunch
There is some disagreement about the causes of the credit crunch, as well as about how lasting and extensive the effects will be. There seems to be some consensus, however, that easy lending practices and transference of risk played a part in causing the trouble. Consensus on the effects is much harder to come by, with some saying we are about to enjoy a resurgence in the financial markets, and others saying that we are about to enter another Great Depression. The actions of government and business will likely affect the outcome.
- I'm Beating the Credit Crunch
- Credit Crunch Squeezes "Safe" Investments
- The Credit Crunch on Housing
- The End by Michael Lewis
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Oil News: Oil Companies Raise Billions in Cash as the Crude Oil Crunch Continues
- 3 Companies That Could Unlock Shareholder Value Through a Split or Spinoff
- 3 Ways to Quickly Pay Off Your Mortgage
- How to Make One Extra Mortgage Payment This Year
- Mortgage Rates Are at Record Lows -- Should You Refinance?
- What Google Mobile Payment Talks With Softcard Mean For Apple Pay