Credit card debt
Credit card debt is the debt accumulated from unpaid credit card bills.
Most credit cards allow you to carry a balance on your account as long as you make a minimum payment. Paying less than the full amount results in finance charges being charged to your account. The interest rate on credit card debt is often high.
Many credit cards have very high credit limits, often thousands of dollars. Those with multiple credit cards can find themselves deeply in debt.
The high cost of credit card debt can make paying off these loans difficult. Debt consolidation is often a first step.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Average American Has This Much Debt -- How Do You Compare?
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Financial Life in 2016
- How to Beat the Credit Card Companies at Their Own Game
- Are Americans Financially Literate?
- 6 Terrible Uses for Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers