Credit card debt
Credit card debt is the debt accumulated from unpaid credit card bills.
Most credit cards allow you to carry a balance on your account as long as you make a minimum payment. Paying less than the full amount results in finance charges being charged to your account. The interest rate on credit card debt is often high.
Many credit cards have very high credit limits, often thousands of dollars. Those with multiple credit cards can find themselves deeply in debt.
The high cost of credit card debt can make paying off these loans difficult. Debt consolidation is often a first step.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why You Need to Start Treating Your Debt Like an Emergency
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Stock Could Reach $1,000 Sooner Than You May Think
- The Average American's Net Worth By Age: Here's Where You Stand
- The Typical American's Net Worth By Age: Here's Where You Stand
- The Most Important Money Mistake to Avoid
- Why Bankruptcy Isn't a "Get Out of Debt Free" Card