A credit bureau is an organization that maintains records on the credit worthiness of individuals. Most now use a credit score system that keeps track of credit history and considers factors like late payments, number and amounts of outstanding loans, credit card balances and income. Credit score now seems to have displaced the previously used credit rating system. A credit bureau will issue a credit report on the borrower on request.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- Credit approval
- Credit card
- Credit card balance
- Credit history
- Credit rating
- Credit score
- Credit worthiness
- Late payment
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Effective Ways To Protect Your Identity
- Having the Highest Credit Score Isn't as Important as You Might Think
- Stop Believing These 7 Credit Score Myths
- What Is a Good Credit Score Number, and Why Is "Good" Not Enough?
- 3 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Get Rich Even If You Didn't Go to College
- Who Really Offers the Best Identity Theft Protection?