MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy ConocoPhillips Stock?
- Is It Time to Buy Zions Bancorporation Stock?
- 5 Things Dominion Resources' Management Wants You to Know
- Why Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Stock Soared By 17% in 2014
- 5 Years From Now, You'll Wish You Had Bought Mobileye Today
- How Apple Was Built Making Devices You Didn't Know You Needed