The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Touch ID Hits iPad, How You Can Invest in the Booming Fingerprint Sensor Market
- Touch ID Is in the New Apple iPad: How You Can Invest in the Booming Fingerprint Sensor Market
- Apple Inc.?s (AAPL) A8X Chip Is Even More Impressive Than Expected
- Amazon.com Stock Gets Trashed After Earnings: What You Need to Know
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust Earnings: Strong Travel Trends Yield High-End Results
- Big Oil and Renewables: Not So Strange Bedfellows