The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Inside Story: Why International Business Machines Corp. Is Betting Billions on the Internet of T
- Hyatt Hotels Takes an Earnings Hit Even as Sales Metrics Improve
- 3 Socially Responsible Companies with Huge Cash Flows
- Will TripAdvisor Earnings Give Shares Another Big Lift?
- Berkshire Weekend 2015 Review
- TransDigm Group Earnings Fly Higher as Guidance Points Upward
- The Odd Reasons Why Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Stock Surged 10% in April
- 5 Things Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. Management Wants You to Know
- SodaStream International Ltd. Has Plenty to Prove on May 6
- Why Ocwen Financial Corp. Shares Jumped Today
- Why Ocwen Financial Corp Is Getting Rid of this $89 Billion Portfolio
- Las Vegas and Macau Investors: Get Ready for a Bumpy Q1