The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Jack In The Box: The Lesser Known Fast Casual Company
- Why Infinera Corp. Is Poised to Bounce Back
- Geron, Zogenix, Synta Pharmaceuticals, and Pfizer: Today?s Top Health Care Stories
- Is Rite Aid a Screaming Buy After Reporting Sales Figures?
- Stock Market Today: Express' Profit Crunch and a New Aircraft Order For Boeing
- General Motors' President on GM's Global Potential
- Why Plug Power, Bridgepoint Education, and Nuverra Environmental Solutions Plunged Today
- Will This Huge Recall Sink General Motors' Stock?
- Repsol, Argentina Settle YPF Expropriation Dispute, Await Final Approval
- Nuverra Environmental Solutions Looks to Be Righting the Ship
- Spain Keeps Improving! Check Out These Spanish ADRs
- Small Businesses Take a Bite Out of Big Oil