The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Companies Boosting Their Dividend by at Least 200% in the 1st Quarter
- 3 Predictions for the New Week
- What Does Obamacare Mean for Medicare Beneficiaries?
- 2 Things Investors Should Watch Very Closely This Week
- Russia's Invasion of Ukraine Shows the Value of a Shunned Investment
- Talisman Energy Inc Is Seriously Undervalued, and Here's Why
- Does Bank of America Still Owe Taxpayers Billions of Dollars?
- This Week in Biotech: Diabetes Patients Chalk Up 2 Impressive Victories
- 4 Factors Holding Back BP plc
- J.M. Smucker, Kraft, and Mondelez: 3 Food Companies to Watch
- Here's Why Bank of America's Loss Isn't As Bad As It Looks
- 3 Critical Numbers From Bank of America's Earnings Release