The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- BreitBurn Energy Partners, L.P. Makes Its Biggest Deal Yet
- Why Ashland Inc Shares Could Soar 25%
- 3 Stocks to Watch on Thursday: Ford, General Motors, and Facebook
- Nokia Soars as Healthy Network Sales Trigger Surprises in Q2 Earnings and Sales
- Intel Corporation Continues Soaring, No Thanks to Mobile
- Ford Earns $1.3 Billion in Second Quarter on Strong U.S. Results
- Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. Navigates Through a Tough Quarter to Beat Estimates
- Jury Orders Reynolds American to Pay $23.6 Billion. Time to Sell?
- Will General Motors Be Charged With Crimes?
- Is FedEx's Trouble With the Feds a Game-Changer?
- How Worried Should Visa Inc and MasterCard Inc?s Shareholders Be Right Now?
- Why First Horizon National Corporation is Doing All The Right Things to Increase Shareholder Value