The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Buffalo Wild Wings Stock Takes a Dive Despite Quarter Boosted by World Cup
- 5 Things Mortgage Lenders Need to Know About Your Money
- Olive Garden: Unlimited Breadsticks, Unlimited Problems
- Wal-Mart Is Coming to a City Near You
- 5 Ways to Get the Best Mortgage Rates
- 5 Radical Business Quotes From Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Elon Musk
- 4 Tricks to Boost a Credit Score
- Why There Are No Winners in the Bob Evans Power Struggle
- Recall Costs Clobber General Motors Earnings Again
- Irony Alert: Synthetic Biology Could Have Avoided the Costly Recall at Whole Foods Market
- Vector Group's Q2 Earnings Report Could Light Up Its Stock Price
- The Market Shrugs Off Another Solid Quarter From Cabot Oil & Gas