The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Vale SA ADR's Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things You Didn?t Know About FHA Mortgage Rates
- Energy Future Holdings: How the Biggest Leveraged Buyout In History Became a Disaster
- Facebook, Inc.'s Addition of Games to Messenger Could Be "Game-Changing"
- Healthcare Investment Opportunities for the Long Term
- Billionaire George Soros Just Sold These 3 Stocks: Should You?
- Las Vegas Sands Lawsuit Could Get Uglier Than Just Words
- Pom Wonderful's Deceptive Ads: Lessons for Consumers and Investors
- Should You Follow Goldman Sachs Advice on Oil Stocks?
- Home Depot Earnings Keep Building Higher
- 3 Fossil Fuel Stock Fails
- When Will Bank of America Get the Hint? Taking Advantage of Customers Isn't Good for Business