The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Verizon Dividend Investors Need to Know In September
- Delta Air Lines: Undervalued, But Not As Cheap As 1 Metric Implies
- Is It Time to Buy General Mills Stock?
- 3 Top Dividend Stocks with Huge Yields
- 3 Big Reasons Baidu's Success Won't Last
- Could T-Mobile Really Pass AT&T in Mobile Subscribers?
- Can You Guess the 5 States That Rake in the Most From Tobacco Taxes?
- 5 Small Business Insurance Policies Every Business Should Consider
- How Home Insurance Coverage Decisions Affect Claim Payments
- Is It Time to Buy Morgan Stanley Stock?
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc. Blows Past Its Own Guidance
- 3 Reasons to Buy the Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund