The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 U.S. Solar Company Just Took a Big Step Into China
- Wal-Mart vs. Amazon: Which Will Win Christmas This Year?
- 5 Things Garmin Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Aims at Big Players in Payment Processing
- Why Shares of Aegerion Phaemaceuticals, Inc. Were Obliterated Today
- Danger Lurking in Mosaic Stock's Dividend Payout Ratio?
- Why JPMorgan Chase & Co. Stock Is Flat This Year
- SodaStream International, Ltd. Earnings: Pop Goes the World
- 3 Things Bank of America Should Do Right Now
- The End of an Era: Is the US Petrodollar Under Threat?
- 3 Things to Watch For When SodaStream Reports Third-Quarter Earnings
- Why M&T Bank Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks