The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What to Expect When Lululemon Reports 3Q Earnings
- Volcker Rule Leaves Opening for More Bank Regulations
- Is Netflix Overdue For Another Correction?
- Solar's 2014 Boom Is Coming
- Will the Natural Gas Market Continue to Recover?
- Amazon Takes Another Shot at LeapFrog