The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Google Inc. Tightens Its Grip on Advertisers
- Why American Eagle Outfitters Shares Flew Today
- Hertz Global Holdings Shares Drop After Guidance Withdrawn
- 3 Things to Look for When salesforce.com Reports on Thursday
- 5 Ways Amazon?s Fire Phone Just Got Better
- Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Gigafactory May Be More Revolutionary Than We Realize
- 3 Reasons Herbalife Ltd.'s Stock Could Fall
- Fannie And Freddie Made $5.1 Billion In Profit, And Shareholders Want A Piece Of It
- Bank of America Corp: Expect a Multibillion-Dollar Settlement Any Day
- Could the Great Renewable Energy Wall Between the U.S. and China Be Crumbling?
- 3 Reasons Goldman Sachs? Stock Could Rise
- Transocean Earnings: Is the Turnaround Working?