The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Potbelly Corp Finally A Buy At Its Original IPO Price?
- 5 Things American Tower Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Why Sears Holdings Corp. Fell 10% Monday
- Airbus Group Powered Up After Earnings -- and Could Fly Even Higher
- Is Ambarella Stock a Buy?
- 4 Stocks That Are Poised to Outperform in the Next Bear Market
- Better Dividend Stock: Bank of America Corp vs. New York Community Bancorp
- Big Earnings, Big Cuts, and Big Solar
- Here's Why Brian Moynihan Is the Right CEO for Bank of America Right Now
- Why NuVasive Inc. Shares Jumped 10% Today
- On Non-Cash Charge, NCR Corporation Posts a Loss
- MasterCard Suffers a Growth Slowdown