The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Nelson Peltz's $2.5 Billion Bet on GE: What Investors Need to Know
- Why Finisar Corporation's Stock Plunged 28% in September
- Why PMC-Sierra Inc. Jumped 33% Tuesday
- Do These 3 Dow Summer Survivors Belong in Your Portfolio?
- Why Shares of Sarepta Therapeutics Inc Are Falling Today
- Exact Sciences' Stock Gets Hammered On Cologuard Recommendation