The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Movado Group, American Capital, and Keurig Green Mountain Jumped Today
- Why HP, Abengoa, and Petroleo Brasileiro Slumped Today
- 3 Stocks to Buy Before the Holidays
- Dycom?s Fiscal Q1 Earnings Crush Analysts? Estimates
- Visa Is Spending up to $23 Billion to Buy...Itself
- Will Retailers Be Punished for Opening on Thanksgiving Day?
- Is Qualcomm Inc. Bottoming Out?
- 5 Things Pandora Media, Inc.'s CEO Wants You to Know
- Why Lululemon Athletica, Walter Investment Management, and Tyson Foods Jumped Today
- Why Is Philip Morris International Inc. Suing These Countries?
- Slowly, Volkswagen's Bad News Continues to Emerge
- Pandora Media Inc Sings a Sad Tune for Investors