The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways General Electric Could Become Great Again
- Why Shares of Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Co. Dropped Today
- Why General Motors Is Building Its New Buick in China
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals' Stock Picked Up Steam in November: Any Upside Remaining?
- 3 Things Avago Technologies Ltd. Management Wants You to Know
- Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. Stock Skyrockets on $13.9 Billion Acquisition Agreement
- Volkswagen's Diesel Scandal: What We Know
- Does the Cross-Selling Lawsuit Shake Our Faith in Wells Fargo & Co.?
- These 4 Corporate Tax Loopholes Are Mind-Boggling
- At Last, Samsung Promises to Pay Apple, Inc. a $548 Million Settlement
- 5 Things Laredo Petroleum Inc. Wants You to Know
- This Startup Just Saved Qualcomm Inc. From a 5-Year Low