The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Don't These Winning Stocks Pay Dividends?
- Is Sam's Club Losing Buyers to Wal-Mart Stores Inc.?
- The 8 Words That Propelled Warren Buffett to His $71 Billion Net Worth
- Samsung and Google Inc Open Their Wallets to Compete with Apple Pay
- Here?s What One of the Richest Americans Has Been Selling
- A Fresh Marijuana Study Reveals Shocking News Regarding Its Relative Safety
- 7,982,550 Reasons MGM Resorts Could Still Win in Las Vegas
- SodaStream International Ltd. Earnings: Fizz Goes Flat
- Should Yandex NV Investors Be Worried About Google's Latest Legal Win?
- 3 Key Takeaways From Chart Industries' Fourth-Quarter Earnings Report
- 3 Cheap Dividend Stocks You Can Buy Right Now
- Why Shares of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Popped