The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- You'll Never Guess What Decade-Long Trend Obamacare Just Reversed
- Worried About a Tax Audit? Avoid These 5 Mistakes
- Facebook Inc. Could Push Apple Pay Over the Top
- What Happens When Your Investment Plans Work?
- Don't Let Oil Distract You From This Potentially Epic Real Estate Collapse
- Apple vs. Google: Whose App Store Earns More?
- Why Kinder Morgan's Earnings Don't Matter
- 3 Reasons Bank of America's Fourth-Quarter Earnings Are Better Than They Seem
- Oil News: Oil Tycoon Harold Hamm Secures $3 Billion Payday for His Pipeline Business
- Best Stocks 2015: Qualcomm Inc.
- Trade Dates vs. Settlement Dates: Why You Need to Know the Difference
- Samsung and Windows Phone: Too Little, Too Late?