The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Is George Soros Buying This Beaten Down Biotech Stock?
- Thinking About Buying General Motors? You Might Want to Think Twice
- Will AMC Be the Netflix of Multiplexes?
- 5 of the Biggest Tech Trends You Need to Watch in 2015
- Price of Silver in 2015: Why It Could Bounce Higher
- The 11 States With the Lowest Holiday Gasoline Prices
- Is Bank of America on the Naughty or Nice List This Holiday Season?
- The Smart Way to Deal With Debt Collectors
- Will CarMax Keep Putting the Growth Pedal to the Metal?
- Is Whole Foods Market a Lawsuit Waiting to Happen?
- FCC Looks Set to Hit Sprint With Largest Fine Ever in "Cramming" Case
- 3 Bank Stocks to Buy in December