The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Diplomat Pharmacy Inc. Is Soaring Higher Today.
- Facebook Inc.'s Getting Serious About Monetizing Messenger
- Sierra Wireless vs. Skyworks Solutions: Which is the Better Internet of Things Stock?
- Kraft Heinz: Why Warren Buffett Loves Doing Deals With 3G Capital
- Middle East on the Brink: Saudi-led Coalition Bombs Yemen, Spiking Oil Prices
- Winnebago Breaks Down as Motor Home Sales Growth Stalls
- Allied Capital: 5 Years After its Downfall
- Read This Before You Buy Bank of America
- The Single Worst Practice of Medical Device Makers
- 5 Ways Millionaires Like Jordan Belfort Lost Fortunes
- Will Chevy Volt's Carbon Monoxide Recall Suffocate General Motors?
- Tiffany & Co. Earnings: Outlook Cut on Dollar Woes