Chattem (Nasdaq: CHTT) is a marketer and manufacturer of a broad portfolio of branded over-the-counter healthcare products, toiletries and dietary supplements including such categories as topical analgesics, medicated skin care products, medicated dandruff shampoos and conditio
Founded in 1879, Chattem is a marketer and manufacturer of a broad portfolio of branded over-the-counter (“OTC”) healthcare products, toiletries and dietary supplements including such categories as medicated skin care, topical pain care, oral care, internal OTC, medicated dandruff shampoos, dietary supplements, and other OTC and toiletry products. Their portfolio of products includes brands such as:
- Gold Bond, Cortizone-10 and Balmex – medicated skin care;
- Icy Hot, Aspercreme and Capzasin – topical pain care;
- ACT and Herpecin-L – oral care;
- Unisom, Pamprin and Kaopectate – internal OTC;
- Selsun Blue – medicated dandruff shampoos;
- Dexatrim , Garlique and New Phase – dietary supplements; and
- Bullfrog , Ultraswim and Sun-In – other OTC and toiletry products.
Many of Chattem's products are among the U.S. market leaders in their respective categories. For example, their portfolio of topical pain care brands, Cortizone-10 anti-itch ointment and Gold Bond medicated body powders have the leading U.S. market share in these categories. They sell their products nationally through mass merchandiser, drug and food channels, principally utilizing their own sales force.
Source: Chattem July 10th, 2009 10-Q