A channel check is when an analyst gathers data about a company from a third party.
Data from an independent third party might give a more accurate picture than data provided by the company being analyzed.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Michael Kors Holdings Ltd. Could Rebound 40%
- This Important Restaurant Metric May Signal Even Worse Times Ahead for the Economy
- When Amazon's Fire Phone Fails, It Will Be Jeff Bezos' Fault
- Why Delta Air Lines Inc., Harley-Davidson, Inc., and Facebook, Inc. Are Today's 3 Worst Stocks
- Why Harley-Davidson Inc Shares Could Stall
- Can Advanced Micro Devices Recover From This Slump?