A channel check is when an analyst gathers data about a company from a third party.
Data from an independent third party might give a more accurate picture than data provided by the company being analyzed.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Corning Is About to Make Sapphire Displays Obsolete
- Internet of Things: InvenSense Has Big Plans for the Future
- Is GT Advanced Technologies Inc. a Short Sell?
- Is Under Armour, Inc. or Skechers USA, Inc. a Better Stock to Buy?
- Here's the Most Likely Outcome to Sodastream's Takeover Chatter
- Why Apple, Inc.'s iPhone 6 Doesn't Have a Sapphire Display