Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Idera Pharmaceuticals Shares Soared Today
- Why Kite Pharma's Shares Took Flight in November
- The 3 Most Important Drugs in Gilead Sciences' Pipeline
- This Could Be the Obamacare Outcome We've All Been Waiting For
- Second Cancer Incidence Rates Have Doubled, and a Catch-22 Has Emerged
- Is Healthcare Going to Bankrupt the Average American Retiree?