Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why TG Therapeutics, Inc. Shares Jumped
- Do e-Cigarettes Threaten the Future of Big Tobacco Companies?
- Why Northwest Biotherapeutics Inc. Shares Swooned
- Why Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp. Plunged Today
- Geron, Zogenix, Synta Pharmaceuticals, and Pfizer: Today?s Top Health Care Stories
- What Vitamin Shoppe?s Recent Earnings Really Mean for Investors