Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- National Marijuana Legalization: How Much Tax Revenue Could It Bring In?
- What Do Short-Sellers Have Against These 3 Companies?
- 3 Stocks Senior Citizens Can Consider Purchasing Right Now
- 3 Future Biotechnology Blockbusters?
- Which High-Flying Stocks Should Investors Avoid?
- This Week in Biotech: Puma Sprints, Gilead Sweeps, and Inovio Hits the Mark