Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Greedy Drugmakers? Change Could Be Coming
- The Overlooked Reason Why I Think Gilead Sciences Stock Remains Undervalued
- This Biotech Stock Has Jaw-Dropping Growth Potential
- Is It Time to Buy Dyax Corp. Stock?
- Celgene Corporation Pays Up For Juno Therapeutics Inc. -- The Market Says "Show Me"
- Small Cap Stocks to Watch in Biotech