Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Healthcare Dividend Stock Is Best?
- The Surprising State That Could Become the 24th to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- The Most Important Message From Charlie Sheen's Recent HIV Admission
- Bristol-Myers Squibb's Opdivo May Change How We Treat Pancreatic Cancer
- 3 Healthcare Stocks With Massive Buyback Programs
- Why KaloBios Pharmaceuticals, Eldorado Resorts, and Exact Sciences Jumped Today