Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- ImmunoGen, Inc. Pushes Forward
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co's Third-Quarter Earnings Beat the Street
- 3 Money-Making Biotech Stocks That Could Go Higher
- Revlimid: Celgene Corporation's Gift That Keeps on Giving