Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of Galena Biopharma, Inc. Spiked Today
- How Will Big Pharma Fight Back Against MannKind?
- 3 Dow Stocks Hiding Weak Growth Prospects With Share Buybacks
- 5 Reasons Your Health Insurance Premium Will Likely Rise in 2016
- The Best Business Model in Biotech
- 3 Stock Market Tips for the Biotech Industry