Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Biotech Stocks With Humongous Short Interest
- Is Johnson & Johnson's Worst Nightmare Becoming Reality?
- Celgene Corporation's Earnings Preview: Pay Attention to New Kids
- 3 Stocks That Could Surprise This Earnings Season
- Is It Time to Buy Eli Lilly & Co.'s Stock?
- 3 Drugs Critical to Johnson & Johnson's Future