Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Small Bank Is Very Popular With Big-Name Hedge Funds
- Is This Apple Inc.'s Answer to Slowing iPad Sales?
- Ahead of Apple, Inc.'s Big Event, Why Apple TV Is Critical
- Wire Transfer vs. Direct Deposit: What?s the Difference?
- Amazon.com Inc. Expands Prime Now and Targets Alcohol Delivery
- 5 Things Caterpillar's Management Wants You to Know