Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Interactive Brokers Trades Franc Weaknesses for Strong Underlying Trends
- 3 Things to Know About Apple and IBM's Most Recent Cloud Computing Innovation
- Buying Your First Stock: Here's How
- Verizon Communications Inc. Crushes Earnings Estimates
- Did Exelon Corporation Just Quietly Admit That Nuclear Power Is Dead?
- UnitedHealth's Earnings Deliver, but Risks Lurk Beneath the Surface