Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Activision?s ?Destiny? and the Business of Video Game Hype
- McDonald's Corporation is Running Out of McOptions
- Sprint's $100 Family Share Pack Excludes a Key Group of Customers
- This Latest Move Proves Google Fiber Is Here to Stay
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Can Hit A Homerun With Windows 9
- Why McDonald's Corporation Is No Chipotle Mexican Grill