Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Microsoft Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- Ford Motor Company: What Investors Need to Know About July's Sales Results
- 5 Things Garmin Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Frontier Communications Connects With Shareholders as Future Prospects Brighten
- 3 Simple Reasons Twitter Inc. Won't Bounce Back
- How Fast Can Cognizant Technology Solutions Earnings Grow?