Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How United Airlines Just Made It a Lot Easier to Check Your Bags
- Did Putin Just Harm His Fellow Russians By Banning Food Imports?
- Is Internet Banking the Best Choice for You?
- Can America's Wealthy Make Embraer SA's Dream Come True?
- Should the U.S. Navy Spend $10 Billion to Build a Fleet of Floating Gas Stations?
- Softbank Knows It Needs More Than Sprint, but It Had Better Act Fast