Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Has T-Mobile's John Legere Nailed Best Buy's Big Problem?
- HBO Streaming Service Coming in 2015: A Deathblow for Cable?
- Why Investors Shouldn?t Compare Google?s Nexus 6 to Apple?s iPhone 6 Plus
- The Death of Cable: Sony Wants in on the Online Streaming Game
- The Surprising Way Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Is Trying to Win Online Shoppers
- Would You Block Online Ads Just to Make Your Internet Company More Money?