Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Soon Airbus A350 XWB Will Meet Boeing 787 Dreamliner in the Sky -- Which One Will Fly Higher?
- Does CurrentC Threaten American Express and Visa?
- How 1 Company May Change Banking As We Know It
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner: When Can It Churn Profits and Generate Cash Flows?
- Major Cable CEO: Cable is Going Away
- 3D Printing Stocks: Which One Is Least Likely to Get Clobbered by Hewlett-Packard?