Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- LaGuardia to Los Angeles Nonstop? These 2 Airlines Would Be the Winners
- Why Veeva Systems Inc. Tumbled Today
- PetSmart Gives Shareholders 1 Last Earnings Hurrah
- Why Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Will Eat McDonald's Corporation's Lunch
- Veeva Systems Soars Into the Cloud but Can't Bring Its Stock to Life
- Exclusive: Data Centers Evolve To Support the Internet of Things -- And More