Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Next Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Will Blow Your Mind
- Time is Running Out on Your Chance to Add These 3 Stocks to Your IRA
- What You Need to Know About Amazon.com's Latest Attempt at World Domination
- Microsoft Corporation's Interest In This $4 Billion Market Is Bad News For BlackBerry Ltd.
- From the iPhone to the App Store -- A Look at the Apple Inc. Product Mix
- A Big Week in Tech: Important Moves at Facebook, Twitter & More