Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Top Stocks to Buy for 2015
- Where Are AT&T Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. Turning as Smartphone Saturation Nears?
- Will CalAmp Earnings Build on Last Quarter's Success?
- More Signs Apple, Inc.'s Mobile Payment Service Is a Success
- The One Thing You Must Do Before Choosing a Financial Advisor
- 7 cheap stocks in the 7th cheapest stock market.