Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should You Hit the Easy Button and Buy Staples?
- Why Visa Will Move the Dow Tomorrow
- Will Comcast's Customer Service Ever Get Better?
- Nokia Soars as Healthy Network Sales Trigger Surprises in Q2 Earnings and Sales
- Huntington Bancshares' Problem With Too Much Profitability
- Could Amazon Wallet Create a Whole New Way to Pay for Things?