Customer service in the function in most businesses that answers phone calls from customers and especially enters telephone orders into the company computers.
Customer service representatives (CSRs) have access to the company account records and will usually be first to receive complaints such as missing or delayed shipments, billing and credit issues, or whatever the customer may desire. As the voice on the telephone, they are a major factor in the image of the company. If friendly and service oriented the company image benefits; if stressed and overworked, the company image suffers.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon Fire TV Just Addressed Its Biggest Complaint
- Google, Amazon, and Facebook Eye an Aerial Robotics Revolution
- 2 Things You Should Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- What Is a Credit Union -- And Is It Right for You?
- Can You Guess Which Coffee Chain Has the Most Loyal Customers? You Might Be Surprised!
- Buckle, Cheesecake Factory, Dorman Products: 3 Mid-Cap Companies to Watch