CF Industries (NYSE: CF) manufacturers and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. Founded in 1946, IPOed in 2005, it is headquartered in Deerfield, IL.
According to its website, CF Industries operates nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing complexes in Donaldsonville, LA, and Medicine Hat, Alberta; phosphate mining and production operations in Central Florida; and a network of fertilizer distribution terminals and warehouses primarily in the U.S. Midwest. It also owns a 50 percent interest in KEYTRADE AG, a global fertilizer trader headquartered in Switzerland.
CF Industries' market share of fertilizer in the US Corn Belt is put at 26% for nitrogen and 19% for phosphate. The company is a leading exporter of phosphates primarily to Latin and South America.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why G-III Apparel Group, BRE Properties, and CF Industries Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- CF Industries Earnings Show Weak Demand Spans Nitrogen & Potash Fertilizer
- Will Mosaic Top PotashCorp With Its Big Buy From CF Industries?
- Will CF Industries Earnings Crush PotashCorp and Mosaic?
- Mosaic Makes Phosphate Acquisition as Fertilizer Shake-Up Continues