CF Industries (NYSE: CF) manufacturers and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. Founded in 1946, IPOed in 2005, it is headquartered in Deerfield, IL.
According to its website, CF Industries operates nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing complexes in Donaldsonville, LA, and Medicine Hat, Alberta; phosphate mining and production operations in Central Florida; and a network of fertilizer distribution terminals and warehouses primarily in the U.S. Midwest. It also owns a 50 percent interest in KEYTRADE AG, a global fertilizer trader headquartered in Switzerland.
CF Industries' market share of fertilizer in the US Corn Belt is put at 26% for nitrogen and 19% for phosphate. The company is a leading exporter of phosphates primarily to Latin and South America.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Spiking Natural Gas Prices Aren't Hurting This Stock
- Mosaic Company Earnings: Has Fertilizer Hit Bottom?
- Will PotashCorp Bounce Back Over Mosaic and Agrium in 2014?
- Why G-III Apparel Group, BRE Properties, and CF Industries Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- CF Industries Earnings Show Weak Demand Spans Nitrogen & Potash Fertilizer