Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Citrix Systems, Inc.'s Results Are a Mixed Bag
- What Is CBS Thinking With Its $6-a-Month Channel?
- Can Interface Inc. Bounce Back From Another Lackluster Quarter?
- Biogen Idec inc Earnings Were Great. Here's Why the Stock Tumbled Anyway
- Why Regulus Therapeutics Inc. Stock More Than Doubled
- Amazon.com Inc. Should Put These Two Fledgling Retailers in its Shopping Cart