Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Alpha Natural Resources, NewLink Genetics, and Furmanite Tumbled Today
- This Netflix Original Series Won't Stream on Netflix in America
- The Nasdaq's 5 Most Hated Stocks
- Are You Ready for the Made-in-Italy 2015 Jeep Renegade?
- Why Plug Power, Skullcandy, and Big Lots Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- This $73 Billion Hedge Fund Company Has Been Buying Ford, GE, and Pitney Bowes