Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy Aflac?
- 5 Things FedEx Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things 3D Systems Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- Intel Corporation Briefly Talks Cherry Trail at IDF 2014
- Is This How GM Will Beat Tesla Motors?
- Does Chipotle's Key to Success Still Make the Stock a Good Pick?