Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Quiksilver Earnings Surf Past Zumiez and Pacific Sunwear?
- With 3 Weeks to Go in 2013, Airbus Is Still Beating Boeing on Plane Orders
- Express: Traffic Down, Promotions up, Expectations?
- How the 3D Printing Sector Is On Track to Deliver a 200% Return in 2013
- These 2 Stocks Could Take Your Portfolio to New Highs
- United Airlines' Latest PR Gaffe Is a Doozy