Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- U.S. Says No Weapons for Ukraine... but Here, Slovakia, Have a Few Helicopters
- Why DISH Network Needs to Offer Another Alternative to the Cable Company
- Is Tesla Motors Hiding Something?
- United Technologies Corp (UTX) Outlines Growth Strategy: 3 Things Investors Should Consider
- 4 New Elon Musk Quotes That Tesla Motors, Inc. Investors Shouldn't Overlook
- Organovo Holdings Inc. Announces Ambitious New Plan