Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Prospect Capital: Is This Huge Dividend Stock a Buy Right Now?
- Could Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Be Running Out of Money?
- The 1 Dividend Stock That I'm Never Selling
- 3 Money-Making Biotech Stocks That Could Go Higher
- Pacific Biosciences of California Earnings Rocket Higher on Roche Deal
- Social Security in 2015: 5 Things to Prepare For Next Year