Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ford Motor Company: Should You Be Concerned By the Slowdown in F-Series Sales?
- The U.S. Military Just Doubled Its Purchases of Tomahawk Missiles. Here's Why
- Judge's New Menthol Ruling Could Help Lift Tobacco Merger
- Here's How McDonald's Plans to Get Itself Back on Track
- Amazon Prime Continues to Grow Despite Price Bump
- Why Buffalo Wild Wings Is up Only 4% This Year