Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- With This Investment Strategy, Market Corrections Don't Have To Be Scary
- Subscription Email FAQ
- 5 Key Comments From HollyFrontier's Management You Should Know
- Is ExOne Co.'s Full-Year Guidance Realistic?
- Baidu Inc (ADR) Launches Into Online-to-Offline Investments With Laundry App
- 3 Essential Money Lessons You Need to Know by Age 50