Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Social Security: Taking Benefits at 62 Is Smart, but Not for This Reason
- Industrials: Investing Essentials
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Is Itching for More and Better Batteries
- Will Apple, Inc.'s Purchase of Podcasting App Swell Crush SiriusXM?
- 3 Reasons Herbalife Ltd.'s Stock Could Fall
- Five Regions Where Big Oil Is Foolishly Chasing Profits