Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft, Apple, and Amazon Unite Against a Common Foe
- Will Whiting Petroleum Corp Live to Regret Buying Kodiak Oil and Gas Corp.?
- Will Boeing Reward Investors With Another Big Dividend Hike?
- Stock Alert! Troubling Developments Emerge at Embraer
- Why Volcano Corporation's Shares Erupted Today
- Offshore Drilling: ExxonMobil-Led Group Bets Record Breaking $559 Million to Find Oil in Canada