Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Brazil a Victim of Oil Prices and Its Own Hype
- Some Troubling News for Intel Corporation?s Mobile Efforts
- The Big Fat Greek Crisis
- Celgene Corporation Pays Up For Juno Therapeutics Inc. -- The Market Says "Show Me"
- Did LG Solve Apple Watch?s Biggest Problem?
- Why Twitter Inc. Is Investing Heavily In Artificial Intelligence