Orders can be of several types. A market order instructs the specialist to make the trade immediately at the market price, and if necessary to complete the order by trading against you for his own account. A limit order instructs the specialist to trade at a specified price or better. A stop loss becomes a market order when the market price of a security reaches a specified value.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Stock Should Be Added to the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Amgen, Inc. Earnings: 1 Sentence That Tells You Everything You Need to Know
- Energy Stocks: 1 Company That?s Refusing to Spend Another Dime to Drill New Wells
- Why II-VI Inc. Stock Popped Today
- Would Steve Jobs Launch the Apple Watch? What the Answer Means for the Future of Apple Inc.
- McDonald's Corporation's 2014 Collapse Ends an Enviable 30-Year Reign