A bull is an investor who believes a stock's price -- the market as a whole -- is going to go up.
Bulls are generally described as optimistic because they believe that a future stock or market price will be higher than it is currently.
An investor who is bullish will usually buy stocks long to profit on that expected increase.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Watch Better Be More iPhone Than iPad
- It Didn't Take Long to Forget the Very Recent Past
- Don't Drink the Apple Car Kool-Aid (You Might Get Indigestion!)
- Is Tesla Motors Hiding Something?
- These 3 Millionaire-Maker Stocks Turned $20,000 Into $1.1 Million
- Thank These 3 Stocks For February's 1,000-Point Dow Gain