A bull is an investor who believes a stock's price -- the market as a whole -- is going to go up.
Bulls are generally described as optimistic because they believe that a future stock or market price will be higher than it is currently.
An investor who is bullish will usually buy stocks long to profit on that expected increase.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Bank Stocks All Retirees Should Consider Owning
- Why KaloBios Pharmaceuticals, Eldorado Resorts, and Exact Sciences Jumped Today
- 11 Things Investors Can Be Thankful for on Thanksgiving Day
- Why I Am Still a Lululemon Athletica Inc. Bear
- Apple's Share-Buyback Program Cannot Replace Top-Line Growth
- 3M Company: The Bull and Bear Cases