A bull is an investor who believes a stock's price -- the market as a whole -- is going to go up.
Bulls are generally described as optimistic because they believe that a future stock or market price will be higher than it is currently.
An investor who is bullish will usually buy stocks long to profit on that expected increase.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Parker-Hannifin Corporation Stock?
- 3 Tech Stocks With Massive Upside Potential
- Is Apple, Inc. Stock Headed to $60?
- Infinera Corp. Delivers Strong Results, but the Best Is Yet to Come
- Simon Property Group's Earnings: Another Earnings Beat, but a Canary in the Coal Mine
- 4 Energy Stocks I'll Be Buying If the Stock Market Crashes