A bull is an investor who believes a stock's price -- the market as a whole -- is going to go up.
Bulls are generally described as optimistic because they believe that a future stock or market price will be higher than it is currently.
An investor who is bullish will usually buy stocks long to profit on that expected increase.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- WisdomTree Grabs Up More Assets and Aims for Faster Growth
- Tesla Motors Inc's Secret Growth Weapon -- Hint: It's Not Cars
- Will Coca-Cola Be Around 100 Years From Now?
- What Investors Need to Know About Amazon.com Inc's Cash Flows
- Bull vs. Bear: Apple Stock
- Is the Market Overdue for a Wealth-Killing Plunge?