A brand or brand name is the symbol or name under which a business identifies its products or services. Under the law, they are considered intellectual property and are usually protected as registered trademarks.
Related Fool Articles
- The Power of Global Brands
- Who Has the Best Brands?
- A Brand Is a Promise (of Profits)
- Food Maker Shakedown: Brand names vs. Private Labels
- Brand-Name Inflation Hedges
- Brands on the Run
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Water Is the New Soda -- and That's a Problem for Coke and Pepsi
- Rumors of Facebook, Inc.'s Decline Are Greatly Exaggerated
- This Top Diabetes Stock Just Extended Its Lead
- Refracking Is a Tremendous Opportunity
- The 3D Printing Industry Is Thriving. Why Aren't 3D Printing Stocks?
- How Twitter Inc. Lost to Instagram, and What It Can Do About It
- Apple Inc. Is Bucking This One Smartphone Trend
- 3 Major Hurdles the Marijuana Industry May Not Overcome
- Google Wi-Fi: The Search Giant's Plan to Blanket Cities With Free Internet
- Joshua Kushner Is Thriving by Investing in Change
- Get Ready, Because Big Changes Are Coming to Obamacare in 2016
- The 5 Best Business Executives Nobody's Heard Of