A brand or brand name is the symbol or name under which a business identifies its products or services. Under the law, they are considered intellectual property and are usually protected as registered trademarks.
Related Fool Articles
- The Power of Global Brands
- Who Has the Best Brands?
- A Brand Is a Promise (of Profits)
- Food Maker Shakedown: Brand names vs. Private Labels
- Brand-Name Inflation Hedges
- Brands on the Run
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- How You Can Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- Oil News: Saudi Arabia Blinks First, Cuts Oil Supplies in September
- The Most Important Number You Need to Know Before Buying Transocean LTD Stock
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- Don't Miss SolarCity Corp and SunPower's Weapon to Rule Rooftop Solar
- How Donald Trump Became an American Billionaire Icon
- You'll Never Guess Which Retailer Has the Cheapest Prices (Hint: It's Not Wal-Mart)
- CBS All Access and HBO Aren't Good Reasons to Cut Your Cable Cord
- Colgate-Palmolive Company Earnings: Will Weakness Overseas Dim the Future?
- 20 Stocks With Monthly Dividends: Chatham Lodging Trust
- Become Debt-Free With These Tips From the Trenches