In nanotechnology, bottom-up refers to the use of atoms and molecules as building blocks to create larger structures. The term is also used in other contexts to refer to designing individual parts of a system and then linking them together to form larger components. Opposite of top-down.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Buy Another Stock -- or Another Steak -- Until You Read This
- How to Retire Early: The Simple Yet Rarely Taken Route
- Microsoft?s Windows Phone Strategy Makes No Sense
- 3 Factors That Will Drive Natural Gas Vehicle Adoption in the U.S.
- Wells Fargo & Co. Earnings: Has the Bank's Growth Peaked?
- Q1 GDP Unexpectedly Drops 2.9%