Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Get Too Worked Up Over Finish Line's Earnings
- Here's Why Libbey's Earnings Are Worse Than They Look
- Are the Earnings at LivePerson Hiding Something?
- Some Numbers at Vanguard Health Systems that Make Your Stock Look Good
- Why RGA Is Poised to Keep Poppin'
- Buffett's Single Greatest Accomplishment