Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- C.H. Robinson Gets a Boost From Trucking
- The 5 Most Surprising Stocks of 2015 (so Far)
- Is the Microsoft Surface Finally a Success?
- Will BofI Holding Deposit Another Big Quarter?
- By This Measure, Bank of America and Citigroup Are Screaming Buys
- How Many Watches Did Apple Inc. Sell?