Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Become a professional Fool! Seriously.
- Brian Lawler
- Apple's OK, Really. So Says CEO Tim Cook.
- 3D Printing Stocks News: Google Leads a $100 Million Investment in Carbon3D
- The 10 Metrics that Smart Investors Use to Analyze Bank Stocks
- An Easy, Safer Way to Invest Your Money in the Hottest Startups