Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Travelers Love Thanksgiving Weekend
- Warren Buffett's Favorite Stock Screen
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Is It Time to Buy IBM?
- Can Zynga Stock Bounce Back in 2015?
- Why Cisco Stock Is Still a Value