In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Target's Secret Strategy to Dominate the Holiday Shopping Season
- Is Target Corporation One of the Best Companies in America?
- Target Turns Heads in a Big Way at New York Fashion Week
- Will Target be Able to Win Back Holiday Shoppers?
- Wal-Mart's and Target's Completely Different Approaches to Get You Shopping Again
- Dollar Tree Inc. Earnings: Proposed Acquisition Weighs on Results