In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Crashed Amazon's Prime Day
- Can Amazon.com Stock Continue to Rise After Earnings?
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Plans to Crash Amazon Inc.'s "Prime Day" Party
- Amazon Prime Grows Due to Increased Retention
- Amazon Prime Day: The Best Deals "In Store" for July 15
- Is Amazon's Prime Day The New Black Friday?