In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 4 Best Stocks to Invest in Drones
- Black Friday History: How A Fake Holiday Became An American Tradition
- Is Caterpillar Inc. Finally a Good Buy for Value Investors?
- Why Value Investors Prefer United Parcel Service (UPS) to FedEx (FDX)
- MasterCard Could Give Investors Another Earnings Pop This Week
- For Amazon Investors, Ignorance Is Bliss