In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is PetSmart Headed Higher Yet?
- Can SodaStream Rebound in the All-Important American Market?
- Domino's Stacks Up, Target Misses, and Winter Offically Gets the Blame for Everything
- SodaStream Earnings Are Out; Now Here Are 3 Things to Watch
- Best Buy Ships Faster Than Amazon? Really?!
- The 5 Best TV Deals for the Super Bowl