In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Analysts Are Overlooking GoPro Inc.'s Biggest Growth Markets
- Why Finish Line Inc's Stock Sank in November
- 4 Weird Tricks Companies Use to Boost The Bottom Line
- Why Deckers Outdoor Corp's Stock Dropped in November
- What to Watch in the Stock Market This Week
- Obamacare Plan Selections Are Up, but This Key Figure Is Down 22% -- Is It Time to Worry?