In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Travelers Love Thanksgiving Weekend
- Buying Better Employee Treatment This Holiday Season
- American Express Wants You to Spend Even More This Weekend
- Can Black Friday Save Microsoft's Struggling Xbox One?
- Why This Black Friday Is So Important for J.C. Penney
- Will RadioShack's Holiday Plan Save It From Bankruptcy?