In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wal-Mart's and Target's Completely Different Approaches to Get You Shopping Again
- Dollar Tree Inc. Earnings: Proposed Acquisition Weighs on Results
- How Are Department Stores Faring in 2014?
- Is a Payment Service From Apple, Inc. Imminent?
- Could a Pinterest IPO Be Bigger Than Twitter or Facebook?
- Credit Cards Will Be A Great Business for Wells Fargo, But They Have a Long Way to Go