In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Caterpillar Inc. Finally a Good Buy for Value Investors?
- Why Value Investors Prefer United Parcel Service (UPS) to FedEx (FDX)
- MasterCard Could Give Investors Another Earnings Pop This Week
- For Amazon Investors, Ignorance Is Bliss
- Energy Stocks: 1 Company That?s Refusing to Spend Another Dime to Drill New Wells
- Apple vs. Google: Whose App Store Earns More?