In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Next-Generation Video: Is 4K Ultra HD Video Ready For Prime Time Yet?
- The Price of Oil Can Be $10 or $500 -- These Energy Stocks Continue to Profit
- FedEx Earnings: A Robust Quarter Finds No Love From Investors
- Believe it or Not, Amazon Isn't the King of Cheap Holiday Prices
- These Numbers Show Apple Pay Off to Slow Start
- Lululemon Athleta Inc. and Nike Inc. Are Stealing From Each Other's Playbook