In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is a Payment Service From Apple, Inc. Imminent?
- It's Almost Summer -- That Means It's Time for Back-to-School Sales at Lands' End
- Could a Pinterest IPO Be Bigger Than Twitter or Facebook?
- Credit Cards Will Be A Great Business for Wells Fargo, But They Have a Long Way to Go
- American Eagle Can?t Fly in a Tough Retail Environment
- What Does Wal-Mart Do in 2014?