In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Black Friday Winners: 2 Retailers Dominating the Holiday Shopping Season
- Whole Foods, Costco, Wal-Mart: Controversial, Moral, and Immoral
- Has "Call of Duty" Really Lost Its Edge?
- The Home Improvement Retailing Winner of Black Friday Weekend
- Is J.C. Penney Back From the Dead?
- The Consumer Electronics Retailing Loser of Black Friday Weekend