Bill Gross is the founder and managing director of the Pacific Investment Management Company, more commonly known as PIMCO. He is considered by many in the investment community to be the premier expert investor in bonds .
Gross currently oversees over 720 billion in fixed income assets as the Co-Chief Investment officer at PIMCO. As a result of the size of the assets he oversees and his impressive track record, his effect on the bond market can be immense.
Recently Gross has attracted some criticism for advocating that the federal government intervene in the Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae collapse. Within a short time of publicly stating his position, the government did just that, possibly netting Gross as much as 1.7 billion in gains for his Pimco Total Returns Fund.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 DAX Stocks With the Highest Dividends
- The 3 Most Memorable Moments in the Financial Sector This Year
- Will PIMCO Survive Bill Gross' Departure?
- Bill Gross' Parting Gift to Fund Shareholders: Higher Taxes?
- Cheap Stocks Wall Street Hates: Janus Capital Group
- How Bill Gross Amassed a $2 Billion Fortune at PIMCO