In modern times, most bonds are registered. The best known exception is a Treasury bond.
The ease with which bearer bonds may be cashed means their handling requires greater security.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bearer Bonds: The ?Old School? Bond
- Are Bankers Really Less Honest Than Other Professionals?
- Dear Brian Moynihan: You?ve Done a Good Job so Far, But Now Comes the Hard Part
- Dow Holds Steady After Fed News; Nike Reports, Target in Trouble
- JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs Weigh on the Dow
- The Greatest Bull Market Begins as the Worst Bear Market Ends