The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How to Consolidate Debt (The Right Way)
- This Dividend Stock?s 13% Plunge After Earnings Is Ridiculous
- 5 Reasons Your Health Insurance Premium Will Likely Rise in 2016
- The Best Business Model in Biotech
- The Typical American Has This Much In Home Equity -- How About You?
- Lyft vs. Uber: Just How Dominant Is Uber in the Ridesharing Business?