The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why Highly Levered Oil and Gas Producers Are Getting Hammered Today
- Debt Worries Send Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Stock Spiraling Down 30.7% in November
- Devon Energy Corp. Unveils Bold Moves to Sharpen its Focus
- 5 Things Continental Resources Inc. Wants You to Know
- 3 Things Seagate Technology PLC Management Wants You to Know
- The Dark Side of Cross-Selling for Wells Fargo & Co.