The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Surprising Ways Intel Is Merging Technology With Healthcare
- 3 Losers in the Big Bank of America Corp. Settlement
- Here's the Next-Generation Battery Market You Never Knew Existed
- Softbank Knows It Needs More Than Sprint, but It Had Better Act Fast
- What You Need to Know About Credit Card Rates
- What Does Your Credit Report Say About You?