The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Social Security Default: Does the Risk Justify Taking Benefits Earlier?
- 3 Energy Stocks That Crashed This Week
- A $1 Billion Bet on Cancer Cures
- Exotic Mortgage Loans Are Making a Comeback: Should We Be Worried?
- Sprint Ups the Cost of Unlimited Plan, Gives You David Beckham as Consolation Prize
- Here?s What Drove Rex Energy Corporation?s Stock 15% Higher in June