The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Union Pacific Corporation Managing its Assets Well?
- Why Movado Group, Inc. Stock Popped Today
- 2 Reasons This Gold Miner Can Go From Good to Great
- American Express and Costco: Who Divorced Who?
- Why Doesn't Warren Buffett Own Apple Inc.?
- Lawsuit Could End DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket, Force a la Carte Sports Offerings