The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- FerrellGas Partners Took a 12% Dip in September, Here's Why
- One Energy Dividend You Shouldn't Overlook
- Was Targa Resource Corp.'s 20% Decline in September an Overreaction by the Market?
- Oil Gains Send Hong Kong Stocks Soaring
- Can Microsoft Succeed Where Motorola Failed?
- 3 Tech Stocks With Big Margins of Safety