The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- It's Official: Apple, Inc. Is The Top Smartphone Vendor In The World
- Offshore Drilling: Deteriorating Market Conditions Mean Dividends May Have Further to Fall
- Could SandRidge Energy Inc Take a Page Out of LINN Energy LLC?s Handbook?
- Triangle Capital Corp. Earnings Top Low Expectations
- Why Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. Is Soaring
- When ?Sin? Pays: Going All-in With the Gaming Industry