The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Companies Boosting Their Dividend by at Least 200% in the 1st Quarter
- Russia's Invasion of Ukraine Shows the Value of a Shunned Investment
- For Baby Boomers, Reverse Mortgages Are Still a Risky Proposition
- The Simplest, Nearly Painless Way to Pay Off Your Mortgage Early
- Nike, Walt Disney, and General Mills: Are They Worthy Investments?
- This Would Be a Monster Buyout