The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Charging Your Holiday Shopping Hurt Your Credit Score?
- Is Federal Student Loan Consolidation Right for You?
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- How You Can Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- Danger at 3D Systems Corporation: Employees Might Hate Their Jobs
- 17 Expert Ways to Save Money Every Day