The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why "Set It and Forget It" Doesn?t Work for Retirement Savings
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: 3D Systems Corporation
- Polaris Industries Inc. Zooms Past Expectations
- Dunkin' vs. Starbucks: Which One is Better?
- How Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Repurchased $17 Billion in Stock Without Issuing More Bonds
- Why I?m Buying Company J.C. Penney After it?s 33% Plunge