The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Bank of America Is Less Profitable Than Its Peers
- Is Verizon Right to Sacrifice Subscribers for Profits?
- 3 Menacing Myths About Student Loans
- You'll Never Guess What Surprising Problem Is Affecting Higher Income Households
- How to Retire on Less Than $1 Million
- Socially Responsible Stocks for a Stock Market Crash