The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Strategies for Growing Your Savings Account to $1 Million
- Is Your Financial Advisor Wrecking Your Retirement?
- The 1 Thing I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I First Started Investing
- These 3 Weird iPhone Rumors Are Probably Wrong
- Top Pharmaceutical Stocks to Buy for 2015
- M&T Bank's Profitability Is Declining. Should Investors Run Scared?