BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Big-Name Investor Has Been Buying BP, Anadarko, and Take Two Interactive
- Small Businesses Take a Bite Out of Big Oil
- Yes, TransCanada Can Survive Without Keystone XL
- There Is 1 Clear Loser Between Russia and Ukraine
- BP Gets Creative in Attempting to Crack the Shale Code
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week