BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Integrated Oil & Gas Isn't Really That Integrated Anymore
- Is the Latest Round of Russia Sanctions a Threat to ExxonMobil?
- The $1.5 Trillion Gulf of Mexico Oil Frontier You?ve Never Heard Of
- Is It Time to Buy Royal Dutch Shell's Stock?
- Is China Seriously Beating the U.S. in the Shift Toward Natural Gas?
- Are Big Oil's Tax Breaks Really as Generous as They Seem?