BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Now Might Be the Best Time for Big Oil to Get Into the U.S. Shale Game
- The 1980s Just Called -- It Thinks You Should Buy Oil Stocks
- 1 Big Reason Seadrill Will Survive the Drop in Oil
- Oil Stocks: Which Big Oil Stock Should You Buy With Oil at $60?
- 1 High-Yield MLP That Could Sink and 2 That Could Prosper in a World of Cheaper Oil
- Big Oil Slashing Spending Amid Low Prices