BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- BP's Hidden Value
- Tuesday's Top Upgrades (and Downgrades)
- What Do Escalating Russian Tensions Mean for BP?
- Will ExxonMobil, BP, and Royal Dutch Shell Be Forced to Skedaddle From Russia?
- What Would Warren Buffett Think About This Massive Acquisition?
- As Russia?s Isolation Grows, Oil Companies Caught in Middle