BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Oil Majors Balk At Mexican Offshore Proposals
- 3 Reasons Vanguard Natural Resources Could Cut Its Dividend? Again
- 3 Big Oil Stocks With Secure Dividends
- Build or Conquer? 3 Companies Battling Over the Future of Biofuels
- This Breakthrough Study May Allow Researchers to Tackle the Root Cause of Heart Disease
- OPEC's Oil Price War Is Paying Off, But It's Far From Over