BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Does a Balance Sheet Analysis of Transocean Tell Us?
- Is Oil Too Dirty for Modern Day Philanthropy?
- America?s Favorite Place to Fill up on Gas (Hint: It?s not Costco)
- Why SandRidge Energy Inc. Stock Has Crashed 24.1% in 2014
- High Yield Stocks for Dividend Investing: BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust
- 5 Unforgettable Quotes From America's Favorite Oil Baron