Average revenue per user
A simple mean that expresses the average amount of money customers spend on a company's product or service.
Average revenue per user (ARPU) can be a particularly helpful metric for subscription businesses, where we as financial analysts can gain an understanding through ARPU of whether the average customer is spending more this month than last month, or this year than last year, on a company's product or service.
Use of this Term in a Foolish Example Sentence
"What's more, with the cheapest iPhone plan costing $70/month, AT&T's average revenue per user (ARPU) grew by $2.24 annually, to $61.23."
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November
- MercadoLibre Stock Explodes Higher After a Blowout Quarter
- Microsoft Just Launched a Huge Attack Against Google and Dropbox
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Pandora Media, Inc.
- Facebook, Inc. Now Has A Massive Risk Just Sitting On Its Balance Sheet
- The Odd Relationship Between Apple iPad and Mac Sales