Average revenue per user
A simple mean that expresses the average amount of money customers spend on a company's product or service.
Average revenue per user (ARPU) can be a particularly helpful metric for subscription businesses, where we as financial analysts can gain an understanding through ARPU of whether the average customer is spending more this month than last month, or this year than last year, on a company's product or service.
Use of this Term in a Foolish Example Sentence
"What's more, with the cheapest iPhone plan costing $70/month, AT&T's average revenue per user (ARPU) grew by $2.24 annually, to $61.23."
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Softbank Knows It Needs More Than Sprint, but It Had Better Act Fast
- Thanks to Netflix, Comcast's Acquisition of Time Warner Cable May Be in Jeopardy
- This 149-Bagger Hedge Fund Bought Google Inc. Should You?
- This $25 Billion Hedge Fund Sold Facebook Inc. Should You?
- 5 Things Pandora Media Inc. Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons American Express Company?s Stock Could Rise