Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Federal Student Loan Consolidation Right for You?
- Are You Overeducated? The Surprising Way It's Hurting Your Career
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- How You Can Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- The Real Reason Many Americans Dislike Obamacare