Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MasterCard Stock: Is the Competitive Advantage Sustainable?
- 3 Predictions for the New Week
- Why the Resale Value of Your Rental Property Doesn't Matter
- What Happens if Ford Motor Company Falls Short During Its Turnaround?
- Is Another Financial Crisis Coming Down the Road?
- Will Chipotle Become an Iconic Brand Like McDonald?s?