Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ford Motor Company: Should You Be Concerned By the Slowdown in F-Series Sales?
- The Student Loan Crisis Isn't a Crisis at All
- Amazon Prime Continues to Grow Despite Price Bump
- 3 Things Investors Should Know Following CYS Investments' and Hatteras Financial's Earnings
- Who Has Better Core Earnings: Fifth Third, PNC, or BB&T?
- Earnings at Investors Bancorp, Inc. Fall 60% Thanks to One-Time Costs