Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Amazon.com and Starbucks Gained on Earnings
- Why Apple, D.R. Horton, and VASCO Data Security International Jumped Today
- Are Apple Shares Still a Buy After Its Earnings Blowout?
- Which of These 3 Fast-Casual Restaurants Is the Best Investment?
- General Motors' Shares Rise Despite Recalls Devouring Q1 Profits
- Fool's Gold Report: Spot Gold Bounces as Freeport Reports Earnings