Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Long Term Disability Insurance -- Is This The Most Important Insurance You Don't Have?
- Will Incoming Competitive Threats Sink Biogen?
- How TASER International Stunned Investors in a Bad Way Last Month
- Accountable Care Organizations: Cutting Your Healthcare Costs
- 4 Best Bank Stocks to Buy During a Correction
- Better Buy: Fidelity Select Pharmaceuticals Portfolio or Fidelity Select Health Care Portfolio?