Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Yelp, Inc. Is Tumbling After a Solid Quarter
- Better Buy Now: Amazon.com or Wal-Mart Stores?
- Why Buffalo Wild Wings Popped Despite Bland Earnings
- 3 Oil Stocks We're Watching This Week
- How Ford Made Record Profits Despite Low F-150 Sales
- Why I?m Not Selling My International Business Machines Corp. Shares