Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Primer on Student Car Insurance Discounts
- Why Taking the PepsiCo-Anheuser-Busch InBev Relationship a Big Step Further Makes Sense
- 3 Reasons Union Pacific Corporation's Stock Could Rise
- 3 Reasons Westport Innovations Inc. Stock Could Soar
- Are Big Oil's Tax Breaks Really as Generous as They Seem?
- Range Resources Corp Earnings: Why the Miss?