Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Bad Credit Is Crushing Conn's, Inc. Stock
- Why Clean Energy Fuels Corp Stock Has Crashed 23% in 2014
- Are These the 2 Best Financial Stocks in 2014?
- Does America Have a Stranglehold on This Valuable Resource?
- Integrated Oil & Gas Isn't Really That Integrated Anymore
- Softbank Knows It Needs More Than Sprint, but It Had Better Act Fast