Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Costco Wholesale Corporation: The Best Business Model in Retail
- Lyft vs. Uber: Just How Dominant Is Uber in the Ridesharing Business?
- Risk Averse? Kiss Retirement Goodbye
- Hypothetically, Here's What Might Happen to Marijuana Prices if it Were Legalized
- 3 Cars With Jaw-Dropping Potential
- Why Credit Unions Are Running Circles Around Banks