Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will the U.S. Mandate A La Carte Cable Like Canada?
- Why Atwood Oceanics Shares May Be Cheaper Than You Think
- 5 Freakishly Expensive Cancer Drugs
- 5 Things I Learned About America's Space Program From Watching YouTube
- 1 Retirement Mistake You Can?t Afford To Make In Your 20?s
- 3D Printing Stocks: 3 Things Investors Can Learn From Congress Members' Stock Moves