Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Family Dollar on the Wrong Path?
- Stock Market Today: Bank of America?s $6 Billion Pain and PNC Financial?s $1 Billion Success
- Yet More Problems Hit the World's Largest Oil Project
- Tesla's Next Big Battle: Electric Cars vs. Hydrogen Cars
- Can the U.S. Beat Canada in the LNG Export Race?
- How Downspacing Is Giving the Bakken Boom Longer Legs