Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Next Wave of Underpaid Worker Protests
- What Bank of America Can Learn From Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- The 12 Days of Christmas Bust the Budget
- 4 Reasons to Be Bullish on U.S. Bancorp
- Should America's Biggest Banks Fear This Man?
- Today's 3 Worst Stocks in the S&P 500