Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- If You Want Dividend Income, Look No Further than GlaxoSmithKline plc Stock
- How to Find the Best Money Market Rates
- Innovation and Industries: Financial Services
- How to Choose the Right Bank for You
- 3 Reasons Why You'll Love Discover Financial Services
- When Will BofI Holding, Inc. Become a Competitive National Bank?
- Ally Financial Inc May Be the Future of Banking, But Is It a Good Investment?
- Ally Financial's Revamped Business Should Scare Its Established Competitors
- The Next Wave of Underpaid Worker Protests
- The True Costs of the Largest Event in Human History
- Diebold to Upgrade 1,100 ATMs for Credit Union
- 7 Saving Tips