The interest paid on an auto loan is no longer deductible on your federal income tax return. For this reason, many now get home equity loans instead to finance the purchase of autos. This results in paying the lower interest rate of a second mortgage and makes the interest payments tax deductible.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Fiat Chrysler Earnings: Profits Rise on Strong Ram and Jeep Sales
- Why Wells Fargo Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Why General Motors Company Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Would You Buy a Car From Warren Buffett?
- Ford Motor Company Earnings: Profits Down on New Product Costs
- Foolish Calculators