The interest paid on an auto loan is no longer deductible on your federal income tax return. For this reason, many now get home equity loans instead to finance the purchase of autos. This results in paying the lower interest rate of a second mortgage and makes the interest payments tax deductible.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Banks: Investing Essentials
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated, M&T Bank Corporation, or Comerica Incorporated: Who Has Better C
- Nissan?s Infiniti Gets Into the Act in the Booming U.S. Luxury Car Market
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated Stock: Not All Growth Is Good
- Is Another Financial Crisis Coming Down the Road?
- Will Lexus? Performance Rev Up Toyota?s Dollar Dreams?