The interest paid on an auto loan is no longer deductible on your federal income tax return. For this reason, many now get home equity loans instead to finance the purchase of autos. This results in paying the lower interest rate of a second mortgage and makes the interest payments tax deductible.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Average American Has This Much Debt -- How Do You Compare?
- November's Biggest Takeaways for Ford Motor Company Investors
- 6 Terrible Uses for Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- Why Sales Are Booming at Ford and General Motors
- US Silica is the Best Frack Sand Stock to Own Right Now
- 3 Bank Stocks All Retirees Should Consider Owning