Ask is a search engine that was acquired by IAC/InterActiveCorp on July 19, 2005 for $1.85 billion.
Ask was founded as Ask Jeeves in 1996 as a natural language search engine. It encouraged users to enter their search queries as questions. In 2001, Ask acquired Teoma Technologies, which is currently the core algorithm that drives Ask's search functionality.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Ashley Madison and Others Turned Adultery Into a Thriving Business
- Will ?Fan vs. Machine? Revolutionize Fantasy Sports?
- Why IAC/InterActiveCorp Shares Popped
- Aereo Is Amazing, But I'm Not Ready to Cut the Cable Cord.
- Free Cable a Reality With Aereo? Here Are the Facts.
- 3 Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying