Ask is a search engine that was acquired by IAC/InterActiveCorp on July 19, 2005 for $1.85 billion.
Ask was founded as Ask Jeeves in 1996 as a natural language search engine. It encouraged users to enter their search queries as questions. In 2001, Ask acquired Teoma Technologies, which is currently the core algorithm that drives Ask's search functionality.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Facebook Inc.'s New Snapchat Challenger Succeed?
- Angie's List, Inc. Says "Thanks, But No Thanks" to IAC/InterActiveCorp
- Would You Block Online Ads Just to Make Your Internet Company More Money?
- Can Investors Find Love With Match.com?
- How Ashley Madison and Others Turned Adultery Into a Thriving Business
- Will ?Fan vs. Machine? Revolutionize Fantasy Sports?