Annual meeting. Each public corporation holds an annual meeting of the shareholders, where the executives of the company review recent developments and issues are presented to the shareholders for a vote. The shareholders also elect members of the board of directors and carry out such other business as may come up as allowed by the corporation by-laws.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- IPO Stocks: When You Want to Get In on Great Companies Early
- Will Darden Restaurants Drown Under Mounting Legal Woes?
- Better Buy: SandRidge Energy Inc. or SandRidge Mississippian Trust II
- Why Nepal Wants to Keep Everest Business in Sherpa Hands
- 9 Warren Buffett-Approved Dividend Stocks
- 1 Industrial Giant Hauling the Dow Higher Today and 1 on Deck for Tomorrow