Annual meeting. Each public corporation holds an annual meeting of the shareholders, where the executives of the company review recent developments and issues are presented to the shareholders for a vote. The shareholders also elect members of the board of directors and carry out such other business as may come up as allowed by the corporation by-laws.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Repsol, Argentina Settle YPF Expropriation Dispute, Await Final Approval
- Alibaba, Tencent Among Companies Chosen to Back China Banks
- Why Doesn't Cloud Peak Energy Inc Pay a Dividend?
- Surveillance, Political Spending, Climate Change, and Your Stocks
- Cliffs Natural Resources' Proxy Battle Gets Nasty
- Heat's Turned Up in Aaron's Takeover Battle