Angiogenesis is the process through which new blood vessels are formed. It usually accompanies the growth of malignant tissue. Some cancer treatments work by blocking angiogenesis, thus preventing blood from reaching the tumor.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Unsung Heroes of Cancer Immunotherapy
- Can You Name the Company Leading the Charge in Cancer Care Research?
- As Eli Lilly Walks on a Tightrope, Should Investors Look Down?
- These 2 Breast Cancer Treatment Makers Will Rise as Another Falls
- Should You Follow in Sanofi's Footsteps and Invest in This Booming Biotech?
- The 3 Deadliest Diseases Caused by Smoking