Amenity is a nice feature of the house, but something which isn't crucial to the house's very existence. A roof, for instance, is not an amenity; it's a necessity. An amenity might be a lovely view of the sunset over the ocean, or a swimming pool or tennis court.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 States Where Boomers Get More for Their Retirement Dollars
- Is Wynn Resorts' Stock a Buy?
- What $1 Million Buys You in Miami, Florida
- Hotel Industry Moves Upscale to Attract Millennials
- American Express Black Card: The Wild Benefits of the Credit Card that Costs $2,500 a Year
- Why More Real Estate Deals Don?t Fall Into Your Lap