Additional principal payment
An Additional principal payment is a payment made by a borrower of more than the scheduled principal amount due. You might make such a payment if you want to more quickly reduce the remaining balance you owe.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Top Dividend Growth Stocks From the Oil Patch
- A New Kind of Mortgage Trouble Is Brewing at Bank of America
- What's Behind Fifth Third Bancorp's Exceptional Results This Year?
- E*TRADE Financial's Dirty Little Secret
- Short-Term Challenges Provide an Opportunity in Higher One
- Investing Legend Jack Bogle Answers Your Questions