Additional principal payment
An Additional principal payment is a payment made by a borrower of more than the scheduled principal amount due. You might make such a payment if you want to more quickly reduce the remaining balance you owe.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Investors Should Consider New Residential Investment Corp.'s Huge Dividend Yield
- Maybe the Student Loan "Epidemic" Isn't As Bad As We Thought
- Is American Capital Mortgage Investment Corp's 13% Dividend Yield A Buy?
- The Financial Sector's Top Dividend Paying Stocks
- 3 Reasons to Consider the Huge Dividend Yield at Two Harbors Investment Corp.
- 5 Ways Americans Sabotage Their Savings