Additional principal payment
An Additional principal payment is a payment made by a borrower of more than the scheduled principal amount due. You might make such a payment if you want to more quickly reduce the remaining balance you owe.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Simplest, Nearly Painless Way to Pay Off Your Mortgage Early
- How Tax Reform Will Affect These 2 Stocks
- Can You Afford to Buy a House Right Now?
- Is It Time to Bring Back the Homebuyer Tax Credit?
- Realty Income Is a Powerful Brand of Dividend Repeatability
- What Does Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's Massive Windfall Mean to You?